Travel Medicine for Those Headed Abroad
Our specialists provide services from local health information to immunizations.
If you’re planning a trip abroad, whether for business or pleasure, don’t let health problems ruin it. Visit our Travel Medicine and immunization specialists so you stay healthy while traveling. To schedule an appointment at one of our Houston-area Kelsey-Seybold locations offering Travel Medicine, call 713-442-TRIP (8747) or complete this form. We’ll respond to your request within a day during regular business hours. To save time please download, print and bring our Travel Medicine Questionnaire to your appointment.
Our specialists review how your medical history relates to your particular travel plans. We’ll research where you’re traveling and share with you the most up-to-date information, including:
- Recent local health concerns and any COVID information
- Availability of healthcare in the area
- Immunizations and medications: what you may need and when you need it
- Dietary advice: what to eat and what to avoid
- Potential political unrest and other safety issues
- Follow-up care upon your return
Our Travel Medicine services include:
- Yellow Fever vaccinations administered by state-certified providers
- Pre-travel consultation with immunization nurses trained using Centers of Disease Control and Prevention standards
- Travel consult nurses with access to an online resource that provides up-to-date information on every country
- Customized, informative reports related to your destination, including required environmental issues, socio-political climate hazards, and recommended immunizations
- Advice to patients regarding food, water, and insect precautions
- Contact information for embassies and recommended medical facilities (where available)
- Prescriptions for Malaria and Oral Typhoid when needed
- Travel Medicine kits designed especially for your travel destination
Because some immunizations and preventive medications need to be taken months before your plane leaves the ground, move scheduling your pretravel appointment to the top of your travel checklist.