Pediatric Care in Greater Houston
We Specialize in Infant, Child, and Adolescent Care
Our physicians offer full-service pediatric care from birth through adolescence.
Kelsey-Seybold has grown up right along with the community. For decades, we've delivered quality, compassionate care to kids throughout the Greater Houston area. Today, when you search for a "pediatrician near me," you're likely to find a trusted Kelsey-Seybold pediatrician right in your neighborhood.
We provide continuing care for infants, children, adolescents, and teenagers in sickness and in health. Drawing from our decades of experience, we incorporate medical advances to ensure your child is getting the best possible care, so much so that we are considered leaders in the practice of Pediatrics within the Greater Houston community.
What Is a Pediatrician & What Do They Do?
This type of medical doctor specializes in providing medical care to children of all ages, from birth through their adolescence. A pediatrician's healthcare services include various health services, such as preventative care, diagnosing a wide array of conditions, and treating diseases and illnesses.
These doctors understand children's unique characteristics and account for them during treatment. Pediatric patients don't have a set recommended age limit. A patient's individual needs will influence how long they continue receiving treatment from a pediatric specialist.
A pediatrician's daily function varies depending on their specialty. We've listed and described some of these specialties below.
A general pediatrician is a parent's typical primary care source for their children, and Kelsey-Seybold Clinic covers a wide array of medical needs. We welcome child patients for yearly checkups and whenever they get sick.
Doctors in this pediatric specialty focus on ensuring a child's development stays on track while watching for issues that might impact their mental or physical health. A general pediatrician can also provide patients and parents with advice on issues like the following:
- Dealing with behavioral problems
- Caring for injuries
- Managing chronic illnesses
- Addressing developmental delays
Kelsey-Seybold's pediatric specialties extend to more than general healthcare concerns. If your child has breathing problems or reacts to certain foods or environmental elements, we can help you.
A pediatric allergist may work in a variety of settings, such as private practices and hospitals. These doctors understand allergies and the effects of immune system problems and allergens on children. With this information, a pediatric allergist can form a formal diagnosis when your child has issues and determine a treatment plan to address them.
The following are examples of immune system issues and allergies a pediatric allergist can help your child with through specialized treatment:
- Immune disorders
- Hay fever
If your child shows signs of cancer or their lab tests indicate cancer is developing in them, you need to take your child to a pediatric oncologist. These doctors train to understand the various cancer types that can develop in children.
Cancer tends to manifest differently in children than adults, and a pediatric oncologist works to understand the nature of your child's cancer and ensure they receive the best treatment option. Pediatric oncologists look for specific DNA changes occurring in cancers known to strike patients during childhood, including the following:
- Osteosarcoma (Bone cancer)
- Brain and spinal cord tumors
Patients visiting any of Kelsey-Seybold's clinic locations deserve the best treatment at any age. Another pediatric specialty your child might need is a pediatric cardiologist. These doctors treat children and teenagers who develop heart conditions after birth and those with congenital heart disease.
A pediatric cardiologist will typically work with other physicians to create a comprehensive treatment plan addressing a patient's heart issue. Doctors in this specialty understand how to treat children with heart disease and the unique challenges that come with this issue. Patients receive care accounting for differences in a child's physiology compared to adults.
Convenient Pediatric Care for Children and Teens
When you choose a Kelsey-Seybold pediatrician, you also benefit from numerous value-added conveniences – because you have enough on your plate without having to worry about your child getting the care they need when they need it.
- Same-day and next-day appointments are available. Book online with AppointmentsNow or call our 24/7 contact center at 713-442-0000.
- Schedule Saturday appointments from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. at four locations.
- At most of our clinics, you and your child can be seen by a doctor, get an X-ray or have lab work done if needed, and even pick up a prescription – all in one visit and at one location.
- Walk-in appointments and new patients are welcomed.
- We accept more than 50 health insurance plans, including Aetna, Blue Cross Blue Shield, Cigna, KelseyCare, and UnitedHealthcare. See the most up-to-date list of plans accepted.
- With our After-Hours Nurse Hotline, you can call 713-442-0000 to speak to one of our registered nurses after hours and on weekends or holidays.
- Download the MyKelsey app to schedule appointments right from your mobile device (Android or Apple) or use the MyKelseyOnline patient portal on your computer. You can also view most test results, check immunization records, and email your doctor's office.
- Kelsey-Seybold parents appreciate our short wait times and rate the quality of our doctors as "excellent" on patient satisfaction surveys.
Get Pediatric Care in Greater Houston, TX
Kelsey-Seybold Clinic has multiple locations ready to help you and your child maintain your health and address various medical issues. Our doctors, nurses, and staff prioritize your health and wellness with compassionate care and the best possible treatment options.
Contact us today to learn more about our pediatric options or visit one of our clinics for an appointment or walk-in medical care.