Join Our eNewsletter!
Subscribe to our monthly newsletter to receive encouraging advice to help you lead a healthy lifestyle.
Sensitive Skin? Pass On Motorized Facial Brushes In Favor Of These Suggested Alternatives
From an early age, we’re reminded of the importance of cleansing our facial skin on a regular basis. Not only does keeping our face clean help prevent acne and breakouts, but the hydration also helps overall facial health. However, individuals with mature or sensitive skin may contend with special challenges when it comes to how to clean their faces.
One tool that some people use for facial cleansing is a motorized brush. These brushes, used in combination with a facial cleanser, clean and exfoliate skin by using a repetitive motion that many have found beneficial.
However, individuals with sensitive or mature skin may discover some side effects when using these motorized brushes, including broken capillaries (reddish-colored lines just beneath the skin’s surface that are difficult to remove), redness, and irritation.
Alternatives to Motorized Brushes
The following are alternatives to a motorized facial cleansing brush that can offer the same benefits without the side effects.
Some of the top SkinCeuticals products for sensitive or mature skin are:
- Soothing Cleanser or Gentle Cleanser for sensitive skin
- Retexturing Activator, an oil-free serum that simultaneously exfoliates and replenishes moisture for radiant, smooth skin
- Metacell Renewal B3, a daily emulsion that improves the appearance of early signs of aging
- Phloretin CF Gel, which diminishes the appearance of skin discoloration and fine lines for overall tone improvement and smoothness
- Equalizing Toner, which gently removes excess residue
Gentle Exfoliation: Exfoliation is important for every skin type, but avoid scrubs that are granular. Also, using exfoliating gloves may give you more control over the amount of pressure or friction that’s applied to your face.
Light Cleansing: Don't rub or scrub. Use light strokes to apply products, splash with tepid water to rinse, and pat dry.
The physicians at Kelsey-Seybold will help you select products and methods that will help you put your best face forward.
Share This Article