What kind of practice is Kelsey-Seybold Clinic?
We’re a multispecialty group practice that offers medical care in more than 55 medical specialties, including primary care, an Ambulatory Surgery Center, an accredited sleep center, a nationally accredited Cancer Center, and on-site Kelsey Pharmacies.
Where are you located?
We have locations throughout the Greater Houston area. Four of our clinics offer Saturday sick-care appointments for our patients’ convenience.
How long has Kelsey-Seybold been in practice?
Kelsey-Seybold Clinic was founded in 1949 by Dr. Mavis Kelsey in Houston's famous Texas Medical Center. Today, it is Houston’s premier Accountable Care Organization (ACO).
What can I expect from Kelsey-Seybold?
You can expect high-quality preventive care from Kelsey-Seybold, as well as:
- Patient-centered care, in which patients and their loved ones are an important part of the care team, working in partnership with their Kelsey-Seybold physician to make health decisions.
- Caring and compassionate attention, where patients are viewed as people rather than a laundry list of medical conditions.
- Expertise in diagnosing and treating acute and chronic illnesses.
- Convenient lab hours and easy access to advanced diagnostic technologies, including MRI, digital mammography, CT scan, PET CT, ultrasound, X-ray, PACS, and electronic image archiving.
- After-hours and weekend assistance available through the After-Hours Nurse Hotline staffed by Kelsey-Seybold nurses, because we know that access to medical care 24 hours a day is essential for families.
- A collaborative, multidisciplinary approach and secure electronic medical record (EMR) system that allows our physicians, regardless of location, to partner with each other across the Kelsey-Seybold system to deliver the best care possible.
What is MyKelseyOnline?
MyKelseyOnline is a secure internet portal for patients to communicate with their personal healthcare team. MyKelseyOnline is free and can be accessed 24/7 to:
- Schedule an appointment.
- Email your healthcare team.
- View past and future appointments.
- Request updates to insurance and personal information.
- View certain test results.
- Pay your Kelsey-Seybold bill online.
What does it mean to be KelseyConnected?
When you become a patient of Kelsey-Seybold, you’re KelseyConnected. This means you’re immediately connected to a caring and compassionate team of specialists who share your medical history through one electronic medical record and work together to provide medical care that revolves around you.
Kelsey-Seybold is the nation’s first accredited Accountable Care Organization. What does this mean?
In December 2012, the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) named Kelsey-Seybold Clinic the nation’s first accredited Accountable Care Organization (ACO). An ACO is a coordinated healthcare system that strives to deliver quality care at a lower total medical cost by focusing on several key areas:
- Coordination of care across multiple medical specialties and care settings, both inpatient and outpatient
- Evidence-based care practices
- Use of information technology
- Quality measurement and accountability for quality of care, patient satisfaction, and the total cost of care
- Incentives for prevention, care management, and outcomes
- Team-based care in which physicians, nurses, and specialists work together to provide coordinated care for patients and agree on ways to improve outcomes
- A strong emphasis on proactive measures, including prevention, identification of disease, and ongoing intervention on disease states
Kelsey-Seybold Clinic was founded more than 70 years ago on the premise of physician-led, accountable care. Information technology has enabled a new level of accountable care and coordination to be provided for patients through Kelsey-Seybold’s electronic medical record (EMR) system.
How do I know I’m getting quality care at Kelsey-Seybold Clinic?
Kelsey-Seybold is home to a nationally accredited Breast Diagnostic Center, Endoscopy Center, Infusion Center, and Cancer Center.
In addition, Kelsey-Seybold has been recognized by the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) as the nation’s first accredited Accountable Care Organization and a Level 3 (highest level) Patient-Centered Medical Home.
Kelsey-Seybold has many physicians in the Greater Houston area certified for excellence in diabetes and heart and stroke care by the NCQA.
What forms of insurance does Kelsey-Seybold accept?
Kelsey-Seybold accepts more than 50 health insurance plans, including Aetna, Blue Cross Blue Shield, Cigna, and UnitedHealthcare. Please contact Kelsey-Seybold's 24/7 Contact Center at 713-442-0427 before scheduling an appointment to confirm that your health plan is currently being accepted and the care you will receive is covered by your plan.
How do I schedule an appointment?
There are three ways to schedule an appointment with a Kelsey-Seybold provider:
- Call 713-442-0427 to speak to an appointment scheduler at our 24/7 Contact Center.
- For pediatric appointments, call 713-442-KIDS or schedule online with AppointmentsNOW. You can also schedule a Family Medicine or Internal Medicine appointment using AppointmentsNOW.
- If you’re a current patient, log in to MyKelseyOnline on your internet-enabled device.