Primary Care in Greater Houston
We provide primary care focused on prevention for all ages.
Did you know the simple act of selecting a primary care physician, or PCP, can help improve your overall health and reduce your risk of chronic illnesses such as diabetes, heart disease, and cancer?
Because a primary care physician is the first line of defense in medical care and usually the first to diagnose a health problem, people who regularly see their PCP are more likely to:
- Have their cholesterol checked
- Be tested for diabetes
- Get their annual flu shot
- Have fewer preventable emergency room visits and hospital admissions
Kelsey-Seybold multispecialty clinics are located throughout Greater Houston. We believe that taking a proactive approach to your healthcare is one of the most significant things you can do to live a longer, healthier life. Choosing a primary care physician improves your chances for better long-term health.
Your PCP helps coordinate your medical care and encourages you to take important preventive measures, such as mammogram and colorectal cancer screenings and bone density tests. Plus, your Kelsey-Seybold primary care physician has access to the same electronic medical record as Kelsey-Seybold specialists, pharmacists, hospitalists, and imaging and laboratory technicians, so your care is coordinated and your protected health data is literally at their fingertips.
What is a primary care physician?
A primary care physician is your first line of defense, not only diagnosing and treating minor illnesses and injuries, but also taking a proactive approach to preventing, diagnosing, and managing chronic conditions.
At Kelsey-Seybold Clinic, our primary care physicians provide medical care to help prevent, treat, and cure various common illnesses and promote better health. You can count on them to detect conditions or illnesses like cancer early, manage a chronic condition such as diabetes, or refer you to a Kelsey-Seybold medical specialist for further care.
Why should you have a primary care physician?
What makes primary care physicians different from most other healthcare providers is that you visit them for prevention and not just because you’re sick. You might consult your PCP if:
- You have questions regarding your health or need medical advice, an annual exam, a health screening, or immunizations
- You feel sick: your PCP can examine you, order diagnostic tests, diagnose your illness, and prescribe medications
- You have asthma, diabetes, hypertension, or another chronic disease: your primary care physician partners with specialists to help manage your condition
- You’re in an accident or suffer an injury
What are some conditions a PCP can treat?
Kelsey-Seybold Clinic primary care physicians manage your health. You can turn to them if you’re sick with the flu, want to quit smoking, need vaccinations, need help managing your diabetes, or want to lose weight.
A PCP can also diagnose and help you manage various common illnesses, such as viruses and infections, and chronic conditions, such as obesity, high blood pressure, and diabetes. A PCP has the training to handle every aspect of healthcare but may refer you to a specialist if your condition requires focused care.
Kelsey-Seybold offers primary care for families, adults, and children.
Kelsey-Seybold Clinic has primary care physicians who specialize in Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, and Pediatrics at clinic locations throughout the Greater Houston area, so you’re never far from the compassionate, proactive care you need.
- Family Medicine: Our Family Medicine primary care physicians focus on preventive medicine and sick care for patients from birth through adulthood.
- Internal Medicine: Our Internal Medicine primary care physicians focus on prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of common illnesses in adults.
- Pediatrics: Our Pediatrics primary care physicians specialize in the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of common illnesses in children.
Stay connected with MyKelseyOnline.
With the secure MyKelseyOnline patient portal, you’re always connected to your Kelsey-Seybold primary care physician. You can use MyKelseyOnline to:
- Send secure messages to your Kelsey-Seybold doctor’s office anytime, day or night.
- Directly schedule, cancel, or reschedule appointments with your Kelsey-Seybold primary care physician and an expanding list of specialists.
- View your appointment history and immunization records.
- Get most test results without waiting for a follow-up letter or call.
- Refill prescriptions and request free mail-to-home or mail-to-work delivery on most prescriptions.
- Update your personal details and insurance information.
- Make secure online payments.