Welcome to The Kelsey-Seybold Spine Center
Our multidisciplinary team is highly skilled at treating painful and debilitating, complex conditions of the spine.
Kelsey-Seybold orthopedic physicians developed the Kelsey-Seybold Spine Center in response to the need for evidence-based, non-surgical treatment for back and neck pain and injuries in the Houston area.
The Spine Center brings together the following spine specialists and services:
- Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation physicians
- Interventional Pain Management specialist
- Physical therapy through our affiliation with Select Physical Therapy
- Neurosurgeons affiliated with Baylor College of Medicine or private practice
This multispecialty approach allows us to streamline treatments for back and neck pain and injury. Our patients benefit from:
- Collaboration of spine specialists working together for seamless, patient-centered care
- Continuity through electronic medical records shared with all Spine Center doctors
- The common goal of Spine Center doctors to help patients live a more functional, pain-free life with surgery being a last resort
- Education from our specialists who teach patients about evidence-based medicine and a conservative approach to treating the spine and neck
- A Preparation Plan developed by Spine Center doctors for when surgery is the best option
- Timely appointments with a spine specialist within three business days in most instances
Our goal at the Kelsey-Seybold Spine Center is to use non-operative treatment whenever possible. Diagnostic testing may include lab tests, X-rays, electromyography (EMG), CT scan, bone scan, and MRI.
Treatment for a wide range of musculoskeletal problems from back pain to osteoporosis may include: