6 Key Spine Center Benefits
Kelsey-Seybold Spine Center patients benefit from our:
- Collaboration: A variety of specialists work together for seamless, patient-centered care, combining spine care expertise and exploring different options to provide the care and treatment that’s right for each patient.
- Continuity: Spine Center doctors stay in touch with each other in person or through the patient's electronic medical record and can discuss an individual patient's ongoing treatment and care.
- Common Goal: The goal is to help patients live a more functional, pain-free life without surgery unless that's the only evidence-based solution.
- Education: Our doctors take on the role of educator, teaching the patient about evidence-based medicine and the wisdom of a conservative approach in treating the spine and neck. We take the time to educate, so patients can make an informed decision and understand the impact of a rush into surgical treatment. We never want patients to be misinformed about care and never demand surgical treatment that’s not in the long-term best interest of our patients.
- Preparation: In addition, Kelsey-Seybold physicians develop a preparation plan when surgery is indicated, taking time to address and goal-set around a targeted weight for surgery, smoking cessation, and other issues for optimal outcome.
- Timely Appointments for Patients: A Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (PM&R) specialist can be seen at most locations within three working days. We strive to schedule patients as quickly as possible.