We put heart into everything we do.
Heart disease is the number one cause of death for men and women in the United States. The good news is, by reducing risk factors and knowing signs and symptoms, many types of heart disease are preventable. Kelsey-Seybold's cardiology team gives you the tools and insight you need to protect and improve the health of your most vital organ.
Our cardiologists offer the most advanced diagnostics, including:
- Coronary CT calcium scoring – helps predict a future cardiac event
- CT coronary angiogram – provides a noninvasive way to visualize coronary arteries without performing an invasive cardiac catheterization
- Echocardiogram – uses ultrasound to examine the heart
- Nuclear stress testing – measures blood flow to the heart while under stress
- Nuclear imaging – involves special cameras and a very low dose of radiation to see how your heart is functioning
- Echocardiography (or echo) – uses soundwaves to create moving pictures of the heart that show how well chambers and valves are working
- CT scanner – an advanced imaging tool that provides detailed pictures of the body and heart
Our highly qualified cardiologists have admitting privileges and perform interventional cardiovascular procedures (including heart catheterizations) at St. Luke's Health – Baylor St. Luke's Medical Center in the Texas Medical Center and The Woodlands; Houston Methodist West; and Memorial Hermann – Greater Heights, Katy, and Memorial City.
Your Kelsey-Seybold primary care physicians will coordinate your care with your Kelsey-Seybold Cardiology specialist. All your physicians have access to your secure electronic medical record for better care coordination.
The Kelsey-Seybold Congestive Heart Failure (CHF) Clinic at our Berthelsen Main Campus is designed to provide proactive heart failure care following guidelines-based core measures to help reduce life-threatening heart conditions before hospitalization is needed. The clinic enrolls and monitors patients who have been hospitalized for CHF to identify and treat heart failure before a patient needs to be readmitted to the hospital.
Kelsey-Seybold also offers a Lipid Clinic, Coumadin Clinic, and Pacemaker/ICD Clinic for greater care coordination and continuous clinical monitoring.