Become a Patient/Family Advisor
The Patient and Family Advisor role is open to anyone interested in working in an advisory role to enhance patient- and family-centered care initiatives at Kelsey-Seybold Clinic.
Opportunities for advisors include:
- Patient Advisory Council - Represent the patient voice and promote patient centered care by providing feedback on projects and initiatives. Meets quarterly in the evening. Members should be ready to commit to serving on the council for at least 1-2 years. Space is limited.
- Focus Groups - Provide feedback in a group format on a particular topic. Focus groups are held as needed, both in person and virtually.
- Survey Participant - Provide feedback via surveys to help us gain a large and diverse response to questions on a particular topic.
- Education & Material Review - Review educational materials, brochures or website content to ensure patient friendliness.
- Story Sharing - Share your Kelsey-Seybold healthcare experience stories (positive or negative).
If you'd like to become a patient/family advisor, please complete an application. You'll then be contacted for an interview.
For additional information or questions, please contact the Patient Experience Office at email@example.com.