Family Medicine in Greater Houston
Our Family Medicine providers create a patient-doctor relationship to last generations.
When you need a family doctor, you want someone who will treat your family like their family, because the last thing you need to worry about is whether you or your loved one is in good hands. With a Kelsey-Seybold doctor as your family physician, you’ll always have a trusted resource to turn to when health concerns arise.
Treating everything from summer colds to serious concerns, our Family Medicine doctors in Greater Houston care for children, adolescents, and adults, and guide you to wellness with their knowledge, experience, and the conveniences that come with being a Kelsey-Seybold patient.
In the event you require a referral to a specialist to help with a condition or illness, your family physician will be there every step of the way, coordinating your care and advising you on the different aspects of your treatment.
What is a Family Medicine doctor?
Family Medicine doctors specialize in medical care for all ages, from small children to those of advanced age. Kelsey-Seybold Clinic’s medical care for families includes treatment for chronic conditions, symptom evaluation, preventive care, and letting patients know when a specialist is necessary.
Patients can receive a broad range of medical services from a family doctor, including:
- Screening tests
- Routine checkups
- Health risk assessments
- Healthy lifestyle counseling
Your Kelsey-Seybold Family Medicine doctor establishes an ongoing, personal patient-physician relationship with each member of your family. They’re trained to look at the whole person, as opposed to one system or specialty, and to provide comprehensive care focused on prevention.
Why should you visit a Family Medicine doctor?
A Family Medicine physician has unique skills and knowledge to provide ongoing, comprehensive medical care to each member of your family. You might visit your Family Medicine doctor to:
- Get a routine exam: A Family Medicine doctor specializes in various routine exams, such as annual physicals, well-woman exams, men’s health screenings, newborn checkups, and well-child checkups.
- Manage a chronic disease. A family doctor can monitor and treat a wide array of chronic diseases, including hypertension, diabetes, heart disease, kidney disease, skin problems, arthritis, high cholesterol, and asthma. They can also order tests and prescribe and refill medications.
- Get a referral to a medical specialist. Health problems, such as a heart condition, may require a specialist. A Family Medicine doctor can recommend qualified specialists and coordinate with them to monitor your illness and manage prescriptions.
- Seek care for an injury or illness: Family Medicine doctors can diagnose and treat stomach viruses, cold or flu, bronchitis, pneumonia, ear infections, seasonal allergies, fractures or sprains, and many other issues.
What conditions does a Family Medicine doctor treat?
Kelsey-Seybold Clinic’s highly trained and compassionate family doctors cover a broad range of medical needs for children, teens, and adults. As a leading provider of Family Medicine in the Greater Houston area, we understand how crucial prompt, thorough treatment can be when a non-emergency condition affects you or a loved one.
Chronic conditions also require regular medical attention to keep them in check and ensure patients are able to live productive lives. Kelsey-Seybold Family Medicine doctors help diagnose, treat, and manage:
- Cough, cold, flu, and sore throat
- Sprains, bumps, bruises, cuts, burns, and scrapes
- Minor skin problems
- Urinary tract infections
- COPD and other upper respiratory disorders
- Heart disease
- High blood pressure
- Ear infections
- Muscle strains
Stay connected with MyKelseyOnline.
With the secure MyKelseyOnline patient portal, you’re always connected to your Kelsey-Seybold primary care physician. You can use MyKelseyOnline to:
- Send secure messages to your Kelsey-Seybold doctor’s office anytime, day or night
- Directly schedule, cancel, or reschedule appointments with your Kelsey-Seybold primary care physician and an expanding list of specialists
- View your appointment history and immunization records
- Get most test results without waiting for a follow-up letter or call
- Refill prescriptions and request free mail-to-home or mail-to-work delivery on most prescriptions
- Update your personal details and insurance information
- Make secure online payments