Get expert help for gastrointestinal issues, from heartburn to cancer screening.
At Kelsey-Seybold Clinic, you'll find expert screening, diagnosis, and treatment of gastrointestinal conditions, from gastroesophageal reflux to colonoscopy, through services that include:
- Colonoscopy to access the lower intestine and screen for colon polyps and cancer
- Upper endoscopy, which allows the visualization of the esophagus, stomach, and upper part of the small intestine
- Capsule endoscopy, which captures and interprets images as a “pill” camera as it travels through the small intestine
- Esophageal motility test to help determine the cause of swallowing difficulties or chest pain through the placement of a thin, flexible catheter into the esophagus through the nose
- Esophageal pH testing to measure the amount of acid that flows into the esophagus from the stomach to identify the cause of heartburn, chest pain, chronic cough, asthma, throat problems, or gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD)
Our gastroenterologists provide preventive care, consultations, and treatment at Kelsey-Seybold locations throughout the Greater Houston area. Diagnostic procedures, such as colonoscopies, are performed on an outpatient basis in our accredited Ambulatory Surgery Center at our Berthelsen Main Campus near the Texas Medical Center, and our Endoscopy Suite at our North Houston Campus.
Our gastroenterologists provide services for adults and children at several Kelsey-Seybold Clinic locations throughout the Houston area, so you’re never far from getting treatment for stomach and intestinal issues.