How long can my children be enrolled in the plan?
Generally, your dependent children are eligible to be on the plan until their 26th birthday.
I have a college student attending school outside of the KelseyCare service area. Will my child be covered under the KelseyCare powered by Academy Plan?
Yes, out-of-area college students would be covered under the plan. College students have nationwide in-network urgent care and emergency care coverage through the Blue Cross Blue Shield network. Other options for your out-of-area student are Video Visits or E-visits through the MyKelseyOnline patient portal.
For routine care, your out-of-area college student will have to travel to the service area to be seen in person by a Kelsey-Seybold physician. They must be seen by Kelsey-Seybold doctors for all nonemergency and routine care whether that visit is in-person or virtual through a Video Visit or E-visit.
What if I’m not currently using a Kelsey-Seybold physician and I’m undergoing radiation oncology treatment or pregnant?
You will be eligible to continue to receive medical coverage through Transition of Care or Continuity of Care with either your current non-Kelsey-Seybold provider or with a Kelsey-Seybold affiliate specialist. You will need to complete a Transition of Care Form within 60 days of the date of our effective plan coverage.
What is the KelseyCare powered by the Academy Sports + Outdoors plan service area?
Our service area includes Brazoria, Fort Bend, Galveston, Harris, Liberty, Montgomery, Waller, and other surrounding counties. If you received member communication, you are residing in the service area.
What is MyKelseyOnline?
When you enroll in MyKelseyOnline, you can email your doctor’s office and get replies to your healthcare questions at $0 cost to you. You’ll directly schedule appointments with your primary care physician and an ever-expanding list of specialty care physicians and providers, including endocrinologists, rheumatologists, obstetricians, dietitians, diabetes educators, and many more.
Why should I choose the KelseyCare powered by Academy Sports + Outdoors insurance plan and Kelsey-Seybold Clinic for my medical care?
- With the KelseyCare powered by Academy Sports + Outdoors plan, you’ll receive care from leading Kelsey-Seybold physicians who practice evidence-based medicine.
- You’ll enjoy predictable lower copays AND lower employee contributions!
- You may see any Kelsey-Seybold physician or specialist at any Kelsey-Seybold location — no referral required.
- Kelsey-Seybold makes it easy to get all the care you need in one place. All Kelsey-Seybold locations have an onsite lab and X-ray, and most locations have a Kelsey Pharmacy.
- Kelsey-Seybold’s Clear Lake Clinic, Fort Bend Medical and Diagnostic Center, Spring Medical and Diagnostic Center, and Tanglewood Clinic are open on Saturday from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. for sick-care appointments.
- With the KelseyCare powered by Academy Sports + Outdoors plan, you have access to our multiple hospital partners, such as St. Luke’s Health, Houston Methodist, Texas Children’s Hospital, The Woman’s Hospital of Texas, and Memorial Hermann locations.
- You’ll have exclusive access to concierge level service that is only available to KelseyCare powered by Academy Sports + Outdoors plan members. Call 713-442-0004, Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Your Concierge can help you find nearby locations and physicians and provide expert help resolving questions and concerns about your health plan.
- The bottom line — Kelsey-Seybold Clinic and the KelseyCare powered by Academy Sports + Outdoors plan are the partners you want for convenient and coordinated quality care.
What if I have an emergency?
If you are experiencing a life- or limb-threatening emergency, call 911 or seek care immediately at an emergency center. If you are experiencing a situation which is not life- or limb-threatening after hours, we recommend that you call our After-Hours Nurse Team at 713-442-0000. Our After-Hours Nurses can access your secure electronic medical record and page your physician if necessary. You can call our Kelsey-Seybold After-Hours Nurse Hotline at any time after regular business hours to ask questions or discuss concerns regarding symptoms or illnesses you or a family member may be experiencing.
What happens when I need to go to the hospital?
The KelseyCare powered by Academy Sports + Outdoors plan partners with premier hospitals in the Texas Medical Center and multiple hospital systems throughout the Greater Houston area. A partial list of our hospital network includes:
- St. Luke's Health System, including Baylor St. Luke's Medical Center in the Texas Medical Center, St. Luke’s Sugar Land Hospital, and St. Luke’s The Woodlands Hospital
- Texas Children's Hospital
- HCA Houston Healthcare Clear Lake
- The Woman’s Hospital of Texas
- Memorial Hermann Memorial City, West, and Pearland
- Houston Methodist Sugar Land, West, Baytown, Texas Medical Center, Willowbrook, and The Woodlands
When you are hospitalized, highly skilled Kelsey-Seybold Hospitalist Physicians are on-site at partner hospitals to coordinate your hospital care, coordinate with all treating physicians, and organize your care after discharge.
If I need to go to an urgent care center, will the visit be covered?
Yes, several urgent care locations in the Greater Houston area are available to you through Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas (BCBSTX). Go to (bcbstx.com) to find a network urgent care center.
Does Kelsey-Seybold offer specialty care? Do I need a referral to see a specialist?
Kelsey-Seybold Clinic provides comprehensive primary care and specialty care. You have access to more than 650 physicians with expertise in more than 65 medical specialties. Kelsey-Seybold offers board-certified specialists trained in Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, Cardiology, Obstetrics and Gynecology (OB/GYN), Ear, Nose, and Throat (ENT), Endocrinology, Gastroenterology, Urology, Orthopedics and Sports Medicine, Dermatology, Rheumatology, Allergy and Immunology, Pediatrics, General Surgery, Reconstructive Breast Surgery, and many others. No referrals are ever required to see a Kelsey-Seybold specialist.
What happens when I need a specialist that Kelsey-Seybold does not have?
When you select the KelseyCare powered by Academy Sports + Outdoors plan, you are not only selecting Kelsey-Seybold physicians but our Kelsey-Seybold affiliate specialists as well. We work together to coordinate and deliver your care and treatment. What does this mean to you? If there is a medical specialist your Kelsey-Seybold doctor recommends you see, he or she will refer you to other high-quality affiliate specialists. For example, any child that is diagnosed with cancer is referred to the experts at Texas Children’s Hospital.
What’s included in the KelseyCare powered by Academy Sports + Outdoors plan?
- 24/7 Access to Care — Choose the Kelsey-Seybold physician you want to see at any of our 34+ multispecialty care centers and make an appointment with no referral required. Call our 24/7 Contact Center at 713-442-0000 for appointment scheduling. Speak to a Kelsey-Seybold After-Hours nurse whenever you have a concern after hours by calling the After-Hours Nurse Hotline at 713-442-0000. Make appointments for sick care at four locations on Saturdays: Our Tanglewood Clinic near the Galleria, Fort Bend Medical and Diagnostic Center, Clear Lake Clinic in Webster, and Spring Medical and Diagnostic Center. Call 713-442-0000 after 5 p.m. on Friday to schedule.
- Access to 7,200+ Medical Specialists and Premier Hospitals — These include St. Luke’s Health — Texas Medical Center, SugarLand, and The Woodlands; The Texas Heart Institute; The Woman’s Hospital of Texas; Texas Children’s Hospital; Houston Methodist – Sugarland and Willowbrook; and HCA Houston Healthcare Clear Lake.
- One-Stop Care — With the KelseyCare powered by Academy Sports + Outdoors plan, you have access to state-of-the-art care centers located throughout the Greater Houston area. At many of our locations, you can see your doctor, have lab work or an X-ray done in the same building, and pick up a prescription before you go home. We offer advanced imaging (MRI, CT, PET, digital mammography, and bone densitometry) and outpatient surgery on a scheduled basis.
- Secure Online Access to Your Physician — Sign up for MyKelseyOnline to securely view your lab results and email your physician’s office with questions and follow-ups.
- Our Reputation for Excellence — Kelsey-Seybold Clinic is consistently recognized for excellence, with the most physicians in Houston recognized by the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) for excellence in diabetes care and heart and stroke care. Kelsey-Seybold has also been recognized by the NCQA as the nation’s first accredited Accountable Care Organization (ACO).
- Coordinated Care — Ever wish your physicians talked to each other? Kelsey-Seybold physicians are experts on coordination and collaboration. We know that coordinated care is the key to superior care. Your secure medical information is always available to all your Kelsey-Seybold physicians through our state-of-the-art electronic medical record (EMR).
Where can I get a prescription filled?
Members may choose any pharmacy available under your pharmacy benefit network through CVS Caremark. The network includes the Kelsey Pharmacy. You can get prescriptions filled on-site at many of our locations. Learn more about our 19 Kelsey-Seybold Pharmacy locations at KelseyPharmacy.com and then pick up your prescription right where you see your doctor.
Scheduling Your Appointment
How can I make an appointment?
Call our 24/7 Contact Center at 713-442-0000. You can also request and schedule appointments online through MyKelseyOnline.com, your secure online connection to your Kelsey-Seybold physicians. To schedule a pediatric appointment, call 713-442-KIDS (5437) or schedule online with AppointmentsNOW or MyKelseyOnline.com.
Is there a Kelsey-Seybold Clinic location near me?
Kelsey-Seybold Clinic offers 34+ locations (and growing) throughout the Greater Houston area. For personalized assistance in finding a location and physician close to you, call your Kelsey-Seybold Concierge at 713-442-0004. For detailed information and driving instructions to a Kelsey-Seybold location, go to kelsey-seybold.com/locations.
Does Kelsey-Seybold have Saturday appointments?
Yes, Saturday sick-care appointments are available for children and adults between 9 a.m. and 2 p.m. at four locations: Tanglewood Clinic near Memorial and the Galleria; Spring Medical and Diagnostic Center; Clear Lake Clinic in Webster; and Fort Bend Medical and Diagnostic Center in Sugar Land. You also have access to convenient Video Visits with Kelsey-Seybold providers, available until 9 p.m. weekdays and until 4 p.m. weekends and holidays.
We make scheduling easy for you
You can schedule appointments through our secure patient portal, MyKelseyOnline, or call our 24/7 Contact Center at 713-442-0427. Virtual Visit options are also available to all new and current patients.