The following checklist will assist you in preparing for international travel. Print this list and check off every item that pertains to your specific travel plans.
- Learn about your destination - type of accommodations, food and water preparation, type of geographical areas you'll visit, and medical services available.
- Visit your local Kelsey-Seybold Travel Clinic or your healthcare provider.
- Get appropriate immunizations for your destination. Obtain an International Certificate of Vaccination or yellow fever card and keep it with your passport.
- Have a dental check-up and complete medical examination, especially if traveling for three months or more.
- Arrange for an adequate supply of your prescription medication.
- Obtain a medical alert bracelet for medical conditions such as diabetes or drug allergies.
- Purchase an extra pair of eyeglasses or contact lenses and sunglasses.
- Obtain a directory of English-speaking physicians.
- Collect items for a first aid travel kit especially if traveling long-term, or off the usual tourist routes, or purchase a travel kit from your Kelsey Pharmacy.
- Check your health insurance coverage.
- Buy additional health/accident travel insurance. Ensure you're covered for any current health conditions (such as heart, pregnancy, etc.).
- Remember your identification and necessary papers (such as passport, visa, etc.)
This checklist is not all inclusive. Travel smart! Consult with your local Kelsey-Seybold Travel Clinic for advice on planning a safe and healthy trip.