When Is Mohs Surgery Recommended?
Mohs surgery is often recommended when other skin cancer treatment options have failed or when the cancer is in an area where it’s vital to preserve healthy tissue for functional or cosmetic reasons. Mohs surgery is recommended for skin cancers that:
- Are located in areas that are cosmetically sensitive or prone to recurrences, such as around the eyes, ears, nose, mouth, hands, feet, shin, or genitals
- Are large, aggressive, or both
- Return following a previous treatment
- Develop in an area where scar tissue is already present
- Have borders that are hard to define
- Involve a patient who is immunocompromised
- Have occurred in patients who’ve had radiation therapy
Kelsey-Seybold dermatologists and Mohs surgery specialists use sophisticated equipment and operating techniques to remove all the cancerous cells while sparing as much healthy tissue as possible.
Kelsey-Seybold Clinic is one of Houston's premier providers of Mohs surgery, a highly effective treatment for skin cancer. Kelsey-Seybold Clinic is changing the way health cares.
What Are the Advantages of Mohs Surgery?
Mohs surgery is a very effective treatment for skin cancer, and it has many advantages.