Outpatient Procedures in our Ambulatory Surgery Center (ASC)
Guidelines to Protect Patients (last updated 12/20/2021)
Patient safety is our top priority, and we are committed to delivering safe, high-quality care to patients.
Patient and Visitor Guidelines:
- In certain instances, patients may be tested for COVID-19 up to five days prior to their scheduled procedure. Patients will be notified in advance if a COVID-19 test is needed prior to their procedure.
- Patients and family members must wear a face mask or face cover.
- All patients and visitors are screened upon entry to all Kelsey-Seybold locations. This includes having their temperature checked and answering a few COVID-19 exposure and symptom related questions.
- Patients are asked to have only one family member or friend accompany them to their procedure.
- Patients should limit the number of personal items brought into the clinic.
- Practice social distancing of 6’ or more from other patients and families.
Kelsey-Seybold ASC Safety Measures in Place to Protect Employees and Patients:
- Physicians and employees are required to wear a face mask while in patient care on Kelsey-Seybold Clinic premises.
- Additional measures for infection control have been implemented to help provide patients and our staff a safe clinical environment for your procedure.
- Employees are screened daily before entering the clinic and have their temperature checked.
- The number of hand sanitizer stations in the ASC has been increased.
- Extra cleaning protocols throughout the day have been implemented for all “high touch” surface areas.