March 23, 2020: A Message from Dr. Tony Lin, CEO and Chairman, Kelsey-Seybold Clinic
As you know, our community and nation are facing a challenge unlike anything we’ve experienced before. I’m confident we will get through this if we all work together. I want you to know that Kelsey-Seybold Clinic’s medical and administrative teams are committed to your medical care and safety during this difficult time.
In response to the guidance from public health and government officials to reduce in-person interactions and practice effective social distancing, Kelsey-Seybold Clinic has made the decision to schedule patient appointments as Virtual Visits, effective immediately, whenever possible. “Virtual Visits” include Video Visits and E-visits. Please know that our clinics will remain open and physicians have the availability to schedule an in-clinic appointment after your Virtual Visit, if necessary. Diagnostic testing will also continue to be available should your physician determine that testing is needed.
Our 24/7 Contact Center (713-442-0000) is standing by to assist you in scheduling Video Visits, or you can directly schedule virtual appointments through your MyKelseyOnline (MKO) account or the MyChart/MyKelsey App. You’ll use your MKO account or the App to conduct most Virtual Visits. If you don’t have an MKO account, you can contact the MKO Help Line at 713-442-6565 (7 days a week, 7 a.m. to 9 p.m.)
We know that Virtual Health is new to many of our patients. However, Kelsey-Seybold has been delivering care to patients virtually since 2016 with several thousand visits completed every year.
Moving to Virtual Visits will help significantly reduce the risk of exposure – while giving our providers the ability to deliver timely, quality care to you. We believe this is right thing to do as we all work together to help slow the spread of the coronavirus.
Please read below for more about Virtual Visit care delivery now available for you and your family. We know information and news changes quickly. I want to remind you that your best source to find the most current information is to call our 24/7 Contact Center or visit our website at kelsey-seybold.com. You can also continue to call your doctor’s office directly. If you need care after-hours, you can contact our After-Hours Nurse Hotline after 5 p.m. weekdays or on the weekend by calling 713-442-0000.
Our providers and clinical team stand ready to care for you and your family now and in the future. Thank you for trusting Kelsey-Seybold Clinic with your care.
Tony Lin, MD
CEO, Kelsey-Seybold Clinic
We're Here for You! Virtual Care Options Now Available and Delivered by Kelsey-Seybold Providers
Virtual Health Visits Now Available to ALL Kelsey-Seybold Patients. All Kelsey-Seybold patients can continue to get access to the care they need either through a scheduled Video Visit with our primary care doctors and providers, pediatricians, and specialists. You may schedule a Virtual Visit for any symptoms or conditions for which you would normally see your doctor in-person for evaluation and treatment. During your Virtual Visit, if the provider determines that an in-person appointment is needed, a follow up in-clinic appointment will be scheduled.
We have more information on our website about all Virtual Visit options available to you. Learn more by clicking on the following links:
- Adult Primary Care Options and Information (Hours: Mon. – Friday: 8 a.m. to 9 p.m.; Sat. and Sun.: 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.): Click Here
- Adult Specialty Care Options and Information (Hours: Mon. – Fri.: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.): Click Here
- Pediatric Care Options and Information: Hours: Mon. – Friday: 8 a.m. to 9 p.m.; Sat. and Sun.: 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.): Click Here
- Current COVID-19 Information and Care Options: Click Here
Preventive Care Recommendations for Patients. For patients with chronic conditions or who need ongoing care and follow-up, we encourage you to stay connected to your doctor and not delay your care.
For the time being, we are asking patients to postpone preventive appointments – such as annual physicals, mammograms, and elective surgeries. If you believe your preventive care appointment can’t wait due to certain symptoms or health concerns, please schedule a Virtual Visit with your primary care doctor or any Kelsey-Seybold physician.
Our medical leadership team will continue to assess what preventive care can be done as a Virtual Visit should the need to continue social distancing extend beyond May 1.
If you are currently pregnant, please read important information about your health and ongoing care at Kelsey-Seybold from our Chief of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Jesus Samaniego, M.D., F.A.C.O.G. Click Here
Have Your Prescription Refills Mailed to Your Home at No Additional Cost to You. Kelsey Pharmacy recommends patients have their prescriptions mailed directly to their home or office with no added shipping charges. Kelsey Pharmacy will also mail or include over-the-counter products, if needed. Plan ahead when using this convenient service – check your refills and allow several days for mailed prescriptions to reach you. Learn more and submit your refill request online: Click Here
Staying Connected – We’re Here for You 24/7! Don’t forget, if you have questions, you can message your doctors through your MyKelseyOnline health portal or the MyKelsey/MyChart App. You can also call our 24/7 Contact Center at 713-442-0000 for care support, or to speak with a registered nurse, at any time day or night.
If you haven’t signed up for your MyKelseyOnline account, now is a good time to register! This will be how you access Virtual Visits and communicate with your doctor. To register or learn more about MyKelseyOnline Click Here.
(March 15, 2020 - 5:00 p.m.) Kelsey-Seybold Clinic is committed to the safety and well-being of our patients and employees. Effective immediately, we are taking the following steps to help reduce the potential of exposure at our clinics to protect patients and all clinic staff.
- We have made the decision to cancel all elective well-care appointments, including annual physicals, Health Risk Assessments, well woman exams, complete eye exams and other preventive exams effective Tuesday, March 17 through March 31. Patients with scheduled appointments have been, or are in the process of being, notified about their appointment cancellation.
- Currently, newborn through 12-month check-ups will NOT be cancelled, as these are critical exams for newborns to receive immunizations and other well care checks. Parents with children over one year old with well-child exams should contact their child’s pediatrician either through MyKelseyOnline or by phone to determine if their exam should be rescheduled for a future date.
- We are postponing or cancelling many elective surgical procedures that may be scheduled at one of Kelsey-Seybold's Ambulatory Surgery Centers or within a hospital effective Tuesday, March 17 through Tuesday, March 31. The patient's treating physician will determine if it is appropriate to proceed with the surgery or procedure and will communicate any schedule changes with the patient.
- All diagnostic tests are under review for cases that are medically appropriate to be rescheduled. Patients with elective screening mammogram appointments from Tuesday, March 17 through March 31 will be cancelled.
- Kelsey-Seybold doctors will be reviewing all other upcoming in-clinic patient appointments to determine what visits may be medically appropriate to be conducted as a Virtual Visit. Our doctors will be reviewing each patient's appointment and making a case-by-case determination if the visit needs to be in-person or can be conducted in another manner.
- We will continue in-person exams to care for acute medical needs (for example: sprains, broken bones, kidney stones, cardiac care) or any other acute needs requiring more immediate medical examination and attention. We will continue to offer patients virtual care options for many acute conditions as appropriate.
- Patient evaluation and treatment for cancer care will continue. Visitor access has been and will continue to be restricted to one guest who accompanies the patient during treatment.
Other helpful tips for our patients to note:
- Have your prescription refills mailed to your home or office with no shipping cost to you! Don't wait until you are low or out of medication – refill and have your prescriptions mailed now – you can also include over-the-counter medications with your shipment. Learn More.
- Get to Know Your MKO! Your MyKelseyOnline account offers many conveniences for you to communicate with your doctor's office. Just a few of the things you can do on your MKO account or the MyChart/MyKelseyOnline, include:
- Send a message to your doctor's office
- Conduct an E-visit and schedule and conduct Video Visits
- Schedule or reschedule appointments
- Check in for in-clinic appointments virtually
- Schedule an E-visit instead of an in-clinic exam for COVID-19 or respiratory related concerns – open to ALL established Kelsey-Seybold patients. Learn More.
- Call our 24/7 Contact Center at 713-442-0000 if you are sick. We have registered nurses and a dedicated team working around the clock to help evaluate your symptoms, screen for COVID-19 symptoms, and guide you to the appropriate level of care or provide you with options based on your symptoms.