Texas Monthly Honors 28 Kelsey Seybold Physicians as Super Docs
Houston (February 2, 2013) – Texas Monthly magazine recognized 28 Kelsey-Seybold Clinic physicians in 16 different medical specialties as 2008 Texas Super Docs. Nine of the 28 were pediatricians at Kelsey-Seybold Clinic locations throughout Houston. The magazine selected honorees after receiving multiple nominations from medical peers statewide.
"We are immensely proud to stand out as exemplary doctors amidst a large field of colleagues," noted Spencer Berthelsen, MD, Kelsey-Seybold Clinic chairman of the board.
"We think all Kelsey-Seybold doctors are super, and it would be impossible for Texas Monthly to recognize all of the great physicians who serve the health care needs of the second largest state in the country. Still, the results this year reflect very well on Kelsey-Seybold Clinic."
Being named a Texas Super Doctor is a particularly high honor, since more than 52,000 Texas physicians around the state were asked, "To whom would you refer a loved one or one of your patients for medical diagnosis and/or treatment?"
Recognized Kelsey-Seybold physicians include:
- Dr. Lyndall Harrison, chief, Allergy/ Immunology
- Dr. Ali Mortazavi, chief, Cardiology
- Dr. Cecilio Batres, Dermatology
- Dr. Maria Colome, Dermatology
- Dr. Donald Owens, Dermatology
- Dr. Jeffrey Rochen, chief, Endocrinology
- Dr. Tahirih Baker, Family Medicine
- Dr. Nicholas Solomos, Family Medicine
- Dr. John Hughes, chief, Gastroenterology
- Dr. Treneth Baker, associate chief, Surgery
- Dr. Gilchrist Jackson, chief, Surgery
- Dr. Tony Lin, co-chief, Internal Medicine
- Dr. Michael Newmark, Neurology
- Dr. Joyce Holz, Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Dr. Frances Smith, chief, Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Dr. Nancy Webb, chief, Ophthalmology
- Dr. Glenn Landon, chief, Orthopedic Surgery
- Dr. Herbert Ashe, Jr., chief, Otolaryngology
- Dr. Helene Sheena, Pediatrics
- Dr. Seth Kravitz, Pediatrics
- Dr. Richard Byrd, chief. Pediatrics
- Dr. Lawrence Fan, Pediatrics
- Dr. Debra Cutler, Pediatrics
- Dr. James Hoyle, Jr., Pediatrics
- Dr. Jessica Lewis, Pediatrics
- Dr. Susan Sponenberg, Pediatrics