Kelsey-Seybold West Clinic Renamed to Tanglewood
In conjunction with the Clinic's new look, Kelsey-Seybold Clinic - West will be renamed Kelsey-Seybold Clinic – Tanglewood to better reflect its location in Houston
Houston (June 2, 2014) – Kelsey-Seybold's West Clinic has completed a six-phase, $5 million facelift that enhances patient care and convenience and adds new services to the multispecialty group practice's first "suburban" clinic. This clinic remodel is part of a two-year, approximately $200 million capital investment plan Kelsey-Seybold is making in the Houston area.
"The late Dr. John Kelsey and Dr. Mavis P. Kelsey began to see their vision of a multi-location, multispecialty healthcare group when they opened the first 'suburban' clinic location – originally named the West Clinic, in 1971," said David Mouton, M.D., co-managing physician, Kelsey-Seybold Clinic - Tanglewood. "That Clinic experienced rapid growth and by 1976, they built a freestanding Clinic where it is currently located today – 1111 Augusta Drive. Nearly a third of all patient visits occurred at this location, and over the next 30 years, 19 other multispecialty, neighborhood-based clinics followed."
To better reflect the Houston area's geography, Kelsey-Seybold has changed the name from West Clinic to Tanglewood. "Houston has experienced tremendous growth and we are no longer considered 'west of town.' Changing the clinic's name to Tanglewood better reflects the community we proudly serve," says Dr. Mouton.
The newly renovated clinic now offers:
- A new Dermatology suite where Mohs skin cancer surgery, pediatric dermatology, and general dermatology procedures will be performed.
- A new OB/GYN suite for women's healthcare needs.
- A new Corporate and Occupational Medicine suite, which provides concierge and occupational healthcare services for employers.
- A new Cardiology/Pulmonary suite with arterial/venous Doppler ultrasound testing.
- A range of diagnostic and interventional fluoroscopy procedures including barium enemas (BE), esophograms, and upper GI and small bowel studies.
- An enhanced radiology suite offering digital X-ray and digital mammography.
- Seven new draw stations for clinical laboratory services.
- 16 exam rooms, 4 surgical procedure rooms and 5 ancillary testing rooms which will allow more expanded specialty service offerings.
"Throughout the entire renovation, which began in June 2013, our doors have remained open and patient needs have been met," said Carla Franklin-McQueen, clinic administrator, Kelsey-Seybold Clinic - Tanglewood. "Now, not only do we have an improved look and feel, we also have added conveniences and new services for our patients so they can continue to get the care they need, all under one roof."
As a result of the reconfigured space, the clinic's improved floor plan now features a brighter, more open lobby area, improved patient flow in the exam room areas, and more centralized nurses' stations and front desk check-in areas. In addition, new finishes, carpet and aesthetic touches were added throughout to create a friendly, hospitality-oriented environment.
To blend the health care and hospitality concept, as well as capture the essence of the neighborhood, Kelsey-Seybold selected Kirksey Architecture to plan the renovations. Kirksey has extensive experience with recent projects including the Houstonian Fitness Center, The Houstonian Hotel, and the Houston Country Club. Houston-based Gamma Construction was the general contractor for this project.