Kelsey-Seybold Clinic To Host A Celebration of Women’s Health
Houston (September 18, 2002) – Today’s fast-paced lifestyle, with demands from work, family, friends and other activities leave women with little or no time to take care of themselves. Now, more than ever, it is important for women to learn how to maintain and improve their health.
Kelsey-Seybold Clinic, together with H-E-B, is hosting A Celebration of Women’s Health on Saturday, October 5, from 9 a.m. – 2 p.m. at the Kelsey-Seybold Clinic Main Campus, located at 2727 West Holcombe Boulevard, to help women understand a variety of issues directly related to their health. The event will include free health screenings, tips, demonstrations and physician presentations with Q&A sessions about a variety of women’s health issues.
The following activities will be offered at the Women’s Health Fair:
- Blood pressure
- Coronary Heart Disease Risk Assessment
- $5 Cholesterol and Glucose Screening (morning fast required)
- Body composition tests
- Mammograms and bone density scans (doctor’s orders and pre-registration required, call 713-442-1161)
Physician presentations and Q&A on the following pertinent issues:
- A Bad Day or Depression?
- A Woman’s Guide to Breast Health and Breast Cancer
- First Steps to Childhood Health
- Health Education Program for Women 45+
- Living with Allergies
- Osteoporosis: Keeping Your Bones Strong
- Prime of Our Lives: Heart Disease ‐ Are You at Risk?
- What Women Need to Know about Men’s Health
- Women’s Health 101
This is the third annual women’s health fair presented by the health experts of Kelsey-Seybold Clinic, Houston’s largest community-based multi-specialty physician group. The purpose of the event is to provide women of all ages the opportunity to learn how to evaluate common symptoms, understand how health issues affect them and learn what steps they should take to lead a long, healthy life.