Kelsey-Seybold Clinic Earns Marketer of the Year for 2008
Houston (March 4, 2009) – The American Marketing Association's Houston Chapter honored Kelsey-Seybold Clinic as Houston's Marketer of the Year for 2008 and Best of Category winner for Healthcare Programs/Other Healthcare. The Marketer of the Year award recognizes Houston companies, organizations, and institutions for their outstanding marketing efforts. All Best of Category winners competed for this honor. Best of Category winners were recognized and presented their awards at a reception on March 2, in the Alley Theatre's Hubbard Stage.
Members of the AMA Houston Chapter, including local business leaders and area marketing professionals, voted the winning 33 companies for Best of Category out of 176 nominees. Nominees comprised Houston-area firms in multiple industries that were nominated this year. Of those 33 winners, five were selected as finalists by a specially selected group of professional marketing leaders who live and work throughout the United States.
The top five finalists included:
- CenterPoint Energy
- Greater Houston Partnership
- Kelsey-Seybold Clinic
- M.D. Anderson Cancer Center
- Weatherford International
The Kelsey-Seybold marketing team includes:
- Ann Cook, Vice President of Business Development
- Barbara Faber, Interim Sr. Manager of Corporate Communications
- Jacqueline Preston, Manager of Communications and Publications
- Andrew Kaminsky, Manager of Creative and Graphic Design
- Hugo Galicia, Web Manager
- Beena Mayekar, Graphic Designer
- Courtney Pfleger, Communications Coordinator
- Lauren Hill, Event Coordinator
- John Perry, Sr. Copywriter
About AMA Houston
The Houston Chapter of the American Marketing Association has been serving marketing professionals for more than 50 years, organized as the Houston Business Forum in 1949 and affiliated with the AMA effective July 1, 1954. AMA Houston is the area's premier professional marketing organization and the nation's second largest chapter. AMA Houston provides marketers the ability to remain competitive in today's business environment through networking events, special interest groups and real-world educational programs. Named Chapter of the Year in 2003-2004, 2005-2006 and 2008-2009, AMA Houston serves more than 900 members with diverse marketing expertise from a variety of industries.
Share This Article