Treatment Options for Contact Dermatitis
Recommended treatment for detected allergens range from simple avoidance to medications.
After patch testing, Dr. Griffin and our staff will discuss treatment options for any allergies that have been detected. These treatments may range from simply avoiding the allergen to medications.
Treatment options to alleviate your contact dermatitis may include:
- Avoiding the substance that triggers your reaction
- Washing with soap and water after exposure to a substance
- Cold, damp compresses applied to any blistering that develops on the skin
- Oral or topical prescription corticosteroids
- Oral prescription medications
If you have unexplained dermatitis and would like more information on patch testing and/or contact dermatitis treatment at Kelsey-Seybold's Tanglewood Clinic, please contact us.