As a Diabetes Care Program participant, you’ll receive the following benefits at no cost to you:
What Is Included in the Program?
- Visits with your Kelsey-Seybold physician;
- Consultations with Certified Diabetes Educators and/or Registered Dietitians;
- Labs for blood glucose monitoring; and
- Access to WW (formerly known as Weight Watchers®) meetings when weight loss is recommended.
What is the Diabetes Care Program?
The Diabetes Care Program is a medically managed system of coordinated care designed to help you control your diabetes and to help avoid complications often associated with Type 2 diabetes. The Program pathway includes:
- Quarterly (every 90 days) in-person visits and lab tests with a Kelsey-Seybold physician at a Kelsey-Seybold location;
- In-person consultations with a Certified Diabetes Educator (CDE). You'll have an initial visit and a follow-up 45 days later. Additional visits may be required;
- An in-person consultation with a Registered Dietitian (RD), if indicated;
- Quarterly touchpoint calls with the Nurse Program Coordinator; and
- Membership in WW (formerly known as Weight Watchers) when weight loss is recommended.
Visits, labs, and membership in WW are provided at no cost to you.
Who Is Eligible to Enroll?
The Program is available to individuals diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes and are enrolled in the employer medical plan options. Eligible Program participants include active employees and their spouse.
In order to maintain enrollment in the Diabetes Care Program, participants are required to:
- Attend all in-person Kelsey-Seybold physician visits, scheduled at 90-day intervals;
- Participate in one face-to-face consultation with a Certified Diabetes Educator;
- Schedule and participate in telephone touchpoints with your Nurse Program Coordinator, including the initial follow-up call, 30-day follow-up call, and quarterly follow-up calls.
How Do I Enroll?
To see if you qualify or to sign up, call or email us. To enroll by telephone, call 713-442-6335. Your call will be answered by our Diabetes Care Program Concierge team. They’ll see if you’re eligible for the program and schedule your initial phone orientation with the Nurse Program Coordinator. You can also email us at COHdiabetesprogram@kelsey-seybold.com and request a call back.