Join Our eNewsletter!
Subscribe to our monthly newsletter to receive encouraging advice to help you lead a healthy lifestyle.
December 16, 2019
The following checklist will assist you in preparing for international travel. Print this list and cross through the items that do not pertain to your travel plans
- Learn about your destination - type of accommodations, food and water preparation, type of geographical areas you'll visit, and medical services available.
- Visit your local Kelsey-Seybold Travel Clinic or your healthcare provider.
- Get appropriate immunizations for your destination. Obtain an International Certificate of Vaccination or yellow fever card and keep it with your passport.
- Have a dental check-up and complete medical examination, especially if traveling for three months or more.
- Arrange for an adequate supply of your prescription medication.
- Obtain a medical alert bracelet for medical conditions such as diabetes or drug allergies.
- Purchase an extra pair of eyeglasses or contact lenses and sunglasses.
- Obtain a directory of English-speaking physicians.
- Collect items for a first aid travel kit especially if traveling long-term, or off the usual tourist routes, or purchase a travel kit from your Kelsey Pharmacy.
- Check your health insurance coverage.
- Buy additional health/accident travel insurance. Ensure you're covered for any current health conditions (such as heart, pregnancy, etc).
- Remember your identification and necessary papers (such as passport, visa, etc.)
Share This Article