Kelsey-Seybold Clinic Launches Responsive, More Accessible and User Friendly Website
Kelsey-Seybold.com newly designed to cater to visitors accessing the website on computer and mobile devices – including smart phones and tablets
Houston (February 1, 2017) – Kelsey-Seybold Clinic launched a redesigned responsive website today at kelsey-seybold.com. Kelsey-Seybold, Houston’s premier multispecialty group practice and the nation’s first accredited Accountable Care Organization, designed the website to help visitors better navigate the site from digital devices including computers, tablets and smart phones.
“Kelsey-Seybold.com is the digital face of our organization and brand, so it is fitting that this tool is updated in a meaningful way for our patients,” said Tony Lin, M.D., F.H.M., Chairman of the Board, Kelsey-Seybold Clinic. “Our patients expect a state-of-the-art experience when they come into our clinics and it is important for that experience to extend through to every touchpoint we have – and Kelsey-Seybold.com is one of our greatest tools.”
The revamped Kelsey-Seybold Clinic website will debut upgraded features including:
- Responsive design. The site was redesigned using a process called “responsive design.” This means that kelsey-seybold.com will automatically scale to the appropriate format for a smartphone, tablet, laptop or desktop, resulting in a seamless user experience and increased functionality.
- Simpler appointment scheduling. Physician schedules available on AppointmentsNOW will be embedded on physicians’ web profile pages. Patients and visitors will be able to view and schedule appointments with Kelsey-Seybold physicians directly from their bios.
- Content integration. Kelsey-seybold.com will aggregate relevant content, stories and links from Kelsey-Seybold’s Doc Talk blogs and other pages by health condition and specialty. This will make it more prominent, easier to find and will guide viewers to related content they might not have otherwise seen.
- Optimized pages and imagery. Warmer colors, dynamic photos and increased focus on patient stories are intended to make the website more welcoming for patients and visitors.
- Improved technology. The website is hosted on new servers, which run a new version of Microsoft Sharepoint. This improves the website’s performance, with shorter load times and a better user experience.
In addition to these new and improved elements of kelsey-seybold.com, all the features and functions visitors know and love will still be available. In fact, the top viewed pages – like Find a Doctor and Make an Appointment – were taken into consideration when planning the new site. Users will be able to access these popular pages quickly, easily and from multiple entry points sitewide.
“To meet our needs and those of our patients, we updated the site functionality for our viewers using mobile devices. It’s important to have all of our content available on the go and responsive to the devices people are using,” said Hugo Galicia, Kelsey-Seybold Clinic, Senior Web Manager.
He explained the need for change:
- One of the biggest challenges Kelsey-Seybold faced with the previous site was that viewing it on a mobile device significantly reduced the site’s functionality.
- By changing to a responsive design, Kelsey-Seybold responded to a new demand. More than 40 percent of more than 200,000 monthly visitors are using Kelsey-Seybold.com on a mobile device – and that number continues to grow.
- Gaining new features doesn’t mean giving up any old ones. The same information and website functions that viewers are familiar with are still on the website. Now, it’s easier to use.
The new Kelsey-Seybold.com was designed by consulting firm Savage Branding & Corporate Design and built internally by the Kelsey-Seybold Information Technology and Marketing departments.
Share This Article