Kelsey-Seybold Clinic Offering In-Person and Virtual Visit Care Options to Patients. All Clinics Resume Normal Operating Hours
Houston (May 18, 2020) – In accordance with guidance issued by Governor Greg Abbott, Kelsey-Seybold Clinic is offering in-clinic appointment options for patients and has returned to normal operating hours beginning May 18. In-person Saturday Clinic appointments will resume on Sat. May 22 from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. at four regional Clinic locations (Spring Medical and Diagnostic Center, Tanglewood, Fort Bend Medical and Diagnostic Center, Clear Lake Clinic)
For the most up-to-date information on clinic locations and hours of operation, please visit: https://www.kelsey-seybold.com/find-a-location.
Virtual Visits will continue to be available to new and current patients. Patients who are able to receive care through Virtual Visits are encouraged to continue to do so when medically appropriate. Kelsey-Seybold will require patients who are experiencing respiratory or COVID-19 related symptoms to have a Virtual Visit.
Providing safe, high-quality care to patients is of greatest importance and Kelsey-Seybold is implementing measures to help protect patients and staff as we increase in-person care, diagnostic screenings and tests, preventive health exams, and outpatient surgeries.
At this time, preventive care appointments (physicals, well-woman exams) for patients age 64 years and younger will be available to schedule beginning May 18. Preventative care appointments for patients 65 years and older will be available beginning June 1.
Measures Being Taken to Keep Patients Safe at Our Clinics:
- All Kelsey-Seybold providers and employees will wear face masks and may be using other personal protective equipment including gloves, gowns, other face protection, and eyewear.
- Employees are screened daily when entering the clinic, which includes temperature checks.
- Kelsey-Seybold will monitor in-person appointment scheduling to help accommodate appropriate social distancing while patients are in the clinic.
- We have increased the frequency of our sanitizing and disinfecting procedures for our equipment and surfaces.
In addition to these protective measures, patients and visitors are required to engage in a screening process before entering the building which includes several pre-screening questions and a temperature check.
Patients and visitors with scheduled appointments are asked to engage in personal safety precautions:
- Everyone two years and older must wear a mask or cloth face protection for the duration of the visit.
- Minimize the number of people accompanying the patient to the visit to one person.
- Limit the number of personal items brought into the clinic.
- Practice social distancing by keeping a 6' distance from other individuals on clinic property.
- Proceed directly to the department waiting area for the scheduled visit.
- Consider using Kelsey-Seybold's online eCheck-in process through the MyChart or MyKelsey app within 24 hours before arriving onsite at the clinic.
- For patients scheduled for a procedure or elective surgery at Kelsey-Seybold's Ambulatory Surgery Center will be tested for COVID-19 five days prior to their scheduled procedure.
Because patients 65 years and older are at a higher risk during this time, please discuss with your doctor when you can safely schedule any preventive screenings or other procedures that were delayed due to COVID-19 precautions.