Ways to Schedule an Appointment
My Video Profile
Hobbies and Interests
Awards & Publications
Dr. Sarah Nadeem, FACE, earned her medical degree in 2002 from Aga Khan University, Medical College in Karachi, Pakistan. In 2007, she completed her Internal Medicine residency at Beaumont Hospital in Royal Oak, Michigan, and her Endocrinology fellowship in 2009 at Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota. Her desire to help people and building relationships with people inspired her to pursue medicine as her career.
Board certified in Endocrinology, diabetes, and metabolism, Dr. Nadeem takes a patient-centered, collaborative, and scientific approach to her practice. She focuses on the patient’s medical history and concerns to help improve their quality of life and to formulate a treatment plan. She treats patients 18 years of age and older for endocrine disorders and medical conditions, including Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes, thyroid disorders, and polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS). Her clinical interests include diabetes management, osteoporosis, and obesity management.
Distinctions and Honors
- Teaching Honor Roll Award. Loyola University Health System, Maywood, Illinois. Placed in the top 25% in Department of Medicine for outstanding education of Internal Medicine Residents during 2016-2017 academic year.
- 2020- current. Nominated member leader for a 3-year term, Committee on Diversity & Inclusion (CoDI), the Endocrine Society. This Committee consists of 12 members serving 3 year terms, from all over the world, appointed to this position by the President of The Endocrine Society (TES). The Endocrine Society is a global community of 18000-plus endocrine investigators and clinicians from more than 100 countries.
- Member Leader, American Association of Clinical Endocrinology, serving as reviewer for AACE annual scientific meeting & AACE MENA conference.
- Invited annually as reviewer for The Endocrine Society annual scientific meeting
- 2018 National Osteoporosis Foundation Ambassadors Leadership Council; Invited to be an. Ambassador Member of the Council; Ambassadors advise NOF leadership and advocate for recognition and improvement in quality of life and treatment on behalf of all people with low bone density.
- 2018 Medical Advisor, JDRF (Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation) Illinois Chapter of JDRF.
- 2017- current Board Member. Mentoring Committee, Women in Endocrinology. Women in Endocrinology - WE Leadership (women-in-endo.org)
- Women in Endocrinology is an international organization devoted to promoting and facilitating
- Peer Reviewer of multiple scientific journals.
- 2009 Served on invitation as Editorial Board member of endocrineweb.com
- Saleh R, Martins RS, Saad M, Fatimi AS, Kumar G, Abbas M, Akbar I, Jehanzeb H, Ladak S, Kaleem S, Nadeem S. The impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on the career choice of medicine: A cross-sectional study amongst pre-medical students in Pakistan. Ann Med Surg (Lond). 2022 Sep;81:104219. doi: 10.1016/j.amsu.2022.104219.
- Sarah Nadeem, Abdul Aziz, Dania Ali. Thyrotoxic Periodic Paralysis: A case report. Journal of Clinical and Translational Endocrinology: Case Reports, 2022,100122, ISSN 2214-6245, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jecr.2022.100122.
- Martins RS, Fatimi AS, Ladak S, Jehanzeb H, Saleh R, Kumar G, Kaleem S, Saad M, Akbar I, Abbas M, Nadeem S, Malik MA. Factors Influencing the Intention to Pursue Surgery among Female Pre-Medical Students: A Cross-Sectional Study in Pakistan. World J Surg. 2022 May 10. doi: 10.1007/s00268-022-06589-8.
- Sadia Masood, Zainab Samad, Sarah Nadeem & Unzela Ghulam (2022) Telemedicine During a Pandemic: Challenges, Opportunities & Way Forward at a Tertiary Care Hospital, Hospital Topics, DOI: 10.1080/00185868.2022.2073304.
- Sarah Nadeem, Salima Saleem Aamdani, Bushra Ayub, Nashia Ali Rizvi, Fatima Safi Arslan,Russell Seth Martins, Maria Khan, Syed Faisal Mahmood, "Development of Evidence-Based COVID-19 Management Guidelines for Local Context: The Methodological Challenges", Global Health, Epidemiology and Genomics, vol. 2022, Article ID 4240378, 30 pages, 2022. https://doi.org/10.1155/2022/4240378.
- Priya, Gagan; Bajaj, Sarita; Kalra, Bharti; Coetzee, Ankia; Kalra, Sanjay; Dutta, Deep; Lim, Vivien; Diwakar, Hema; Deshmukh, Vaishali; Mehta, Roopa; Sahay, Rakesh; Gupta, Yashdeep; Sharma, J. B.; Dasgupta, Arundhati; Patnala, S.; Afsana, Faria; Giri, Mimi; Sheikh, Aisha; Baruah, Manash P.;Asirvatham, A. R.; Sheikh, Shehla; Cooray, Samanthi; Acharya, Kirtida; Langi, Y. A.; Jacob, JubbinJ.; Malhotra, Jaideep; George, Belinda; Grewal, Emmy; Chandrasekharan, Sruti; Nadeem, Sarah; Lamptey, Roberta; Khandelwal, Deepak. Clinical practice recommendations for the detection and management of hyperglycemia in pregnancy from South Asia, Africa and Mexico during COVID-19 pandemic, Journal of Family Medicine and Primary Care; December 2021 - Volume 10 - Issue 12 - p 4350-4363.doi: 10.4103/jfmpc.jfmpc_653_21
- Nadeem S, Rana M, Ahmed KS, Kalra S. SGLT2i Use in Non-Diabetics. J Pak Med Assoc. 2021 Jun;71(6):1693-1695. PMID: 34111101.
- Ahmad T, Muhammad ZA, Nadeem S. Is Hypothyroidism Associated with Outcomes in FracturePatients? Data From a Trauma Registry. J Surg Res. 2021 Dec; 268:527-531. doi:10.1016/j.jss.2021.07.036. Epub 2021 Aug 28. PMID: 34464889.
- Arshad A, Ibrahim MT, Arshad H, Hammad MB, Sheikh SA, Khan AH, Jafri L, Nadeem S. Clinical characteristics and outcomes of patients presenting with hip fractures at a tertiary care hospital in Pakistan. Arch Osteoporos. 2021 Feb 8;16(1):25. doi: 10.1007/s11657-021-00895-9. PMID: 33559020.
- Nadeem S, Siddiqi U, Martins RS, Badini K. Perceptions and Understanding of Diabetes Mellitus Technology in Adults with Type 1 or Type 2 DM: A Pilot Survey from Pakistan. J Diabetes Sci Technol. 2021 Sep;15(5):1052-1058. doi: 10.1177/19322968211011199. Epub 2021 May 6. PMID: 33957791
- Dr. Bhagwan Das (AKU Endocrinology PGME fellow), Dr. Sarah Nadeem. Vitamin D Usage among Pakistani Population – Too Much of a Good Thing. Journal of the College of Physicians and Surgeons Pakistan Oct 2020, Vol. 30(09): 10021002 https://jcpsp.pk/oas/mpdf/generate_pdf.php?string=T2xGUzJyUEVKWUNINFhDVU1DWHgvZz
- Sabiha Banu, Abdul Aziz, Salman Kirmani, Sarah Nadeem, Blepharophimosis, ptosis and epicanthus inversus syndrome (BPES): A case report. Journal of Clinical and Translational Endocrinology: Case Reports,Volume 17, 2020,100068, ISSN 2214-6245, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jecr.2020.100068. (https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S2214624520300137
- Michelle D. Lundholm, Mary Ann Emanuele, Alina Ashraf , Sarah Nadeem. Applications and pitfalls of hemoglobin A1C and alternative methods of glycemic monitoring. Journal of Diabetes and its Complications; online 23 April 2020, 107585.
- Dr. Bhagwan Das , Dr. Sarah Nadeem. Journal of CPSP. April 2020 Levosulpiride-induced Hyperprolactinemia. https://jcpsp.pk/article-detail/levosulpirideinduced-hyperprolactinemia
- Bancos I, Grant CS, Nadeem S, Stan MN, Reading CC, Sebo TJ, Algeciras-Schimnich A, Singh RJ, Dean DS. Risks and benefits of parathyroid fine-needle aspiration with parathyroid hormone washout. Endocr Pract. 2012 Jul-Aug; 18(4):441-9.
- Kumar S, Nadeem S, Stan MN , Coenen M, Bahn RS. A stimulatory thyrotropin receptor antibody enhances adipogenesis via phosphoinositide 3-kinase activation in orbitalpreadipocytes from patients with Graves’ ophthalmopathy. J Mol Endo.2011;46 (3): 155-64.
- Khoo TK, Vege SS, Abu-Lebdeh HS, Ryu E, Nadeem S., and Wermers RA. Acute Pancreatitis in Primary Hyperparathyroidism: A Population-based Study. The Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism, Vol. 94, No. 6 2115-2118 (2009).
- 2008 Elamin MB, Murad MH, Mullan R, Erickson D, Harris K, Nadeem S, Ennis R, Erwin PJ, Montori VM. Accuracy of Diagnostic Tests for Cushing's syndrome. A Systematic Review and Meta-analyses. The Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism, 93:1553-1562.
- Hashir Majid, MD, Munira Shabbir-Moosajee, MD, Sarah Nadeem, MD. Fatigue in Other Medical Disorders. Sleep Medicine Clinics, Vol 8, ISSUE 2, P241-253, JUNE 01, 2013
- Nadeem, Sarah MD. Antibiotics as anti-inflammatory and immunomodulatory agents. Shock: February 2006 - Volume 25 - Issue 2 - p 208-209 doi: 10.1097/01.shk.0000215101.97805.60.
- K. Sirithanakul, Nadeem S., K. Mubarak. “Sarcoidosis-related Pulmonary Hypertension improved with Bosentan therapy: Hemodynamic Evidence”. CHEST, 126 (4):935S, 2004.
- Adnan A. Hyder, Sarah Nadeem. Health Ethics in Pakistan: a literature review of its present state. A Contextual Case Study of Pakistan, Journal of Health Population and Nutrition; 2001;19(1):6-11
Book Chapters authored/co-authored
- Book chapter, 'Pharmacological management for PCOS: weight management', for book titled: Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Basic Science to Clinical Advances Across the Lifespan" 1st Edition - November 17, 2022 Editors: Drs. Rehana Rehman, Aisha Sheikh. eBook ISBN: 9780323879330; Paperback ISBN: 9780323879323
- March 2020 Book Chapter, “Polycystic Ovary Syndrome: a multifaceted endocrinopathy”. Clinical Approach and Management Strategies of Medical Ailments in Women: Oorja- The Power of Her. Publisher: Jaypee Brothers New Delhi. https://www.researchgate.net/publication/341608465_Clinical_Approach_and_Management_Strategie s_of_Medical_Ailments_in_Women_Oorja-_The_Power_of_Her
- 2020 Book Chapter, Glucose monitoring- beyond fingerstick testing Book title- ‘Insulin Manual’ Official publication of the Society for Promotion of Education in Endocrinology and Diabetes. https://www.amazon.in/dp/8194466717?ref=myi_title_dp
- 2019 Book Chapter. Metabolic Bone Disease. Evidence Based Endocrinology, 4th Edition, Lippincott & Williams. Doody Core Title Score: 2.8 (Endocrinology/Metabolic Disease)
- 2018 Author. Book Chapter: Disorders of Calciotropic Hormones in Adults. Lavin: Manual of Endocrinology and Metabolism 5th Edition (Lippincott Manual Series) Doody Core Title Score: 2.87 (Endocrinology/Metabolic Disease)
- 2017 Op- Ed addressing Healthcare access for all printed in the Chicago Tribune, USA.
- Interviewed by Chicago’s local CBS TV station regarding expert opinion on thyroid disease.
- Interviewed as Endocrinology expert by Everyday Health for patient education article, titled “7 Real-Life Tips to Relieve Hypothyroidism Symptoms”.
- Interviewed by WebMD as Diabetes diseases expert for expert opinion on benefit of exercise in Diabetes management.
- KelseyCare powered by Cigna (learn more)
- Choice Fund PPO
- Choice Fund Open Access Plus (OAP)
- Cigna EPO
- Cigna HMO
- Cigna KelseyCare
- Cigna HMO Open Access (OA)
- Cigna HMO Open Access Plus (OAP)
- Cigna POS
- Cigna PPO
- Cigna Consumer Driven Health Plan (CDHP)
- Cigna Surefit
- LocalPlus IN
Blue Cross Blue Shield Plans
Blue Cross Blue Shield
The specific BCBSTX PPO and HMO plans in which Kelsey-Seybold participates are:
- Blue Edge PPO
- Blue Essentials HMO Click here to learn more about selecting a Kelsey Primary Care Physician
- Blue Choice PPO
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Federal Employee Program (Basic and Standard Option)
- Health Select of Texas - ERS
- TRS-ActiveCare Primary Click here to learn more about selecting a Kelsey Primary Care Physician
- TRS-ActiveCare Primary+ Click here to learn more about selecting a Kelsey Primary Care Physician
- TRS-ActiveCare HD
- TRS-ActiveCare 2
- UT SELECT
Kelsey-Seybold will not participate in the following BCBSTX plans: Blue Premier, Blue High-Performance network, Marketplace plans: My Blue Health, and Blue Advantage HMO, or any BCBSTX Medicare products.View FAQ (pdf)
- United Charter Kelsey-Seybold (learn more)
- UnitedHealthcare Charter
- UnitedHealthcare Choice
- UnitedHealthcare Choice Plus
- UnitedHealthcare Core
- UnitedHealthcare Core Plus
- UnitedHealthcare Navigate
- UnitedHealthcare Navigate Plus
- UnitedHealthcare NexusACO
- UnitedHealthcare Options PPO
- UnitedHealthcare Select
- UnitedHealthcare Select Plus
Aetna KelseyCare (learn more)
Aetna PPO, POS, and EPO Plans
Kelsey-Seybold Clinic is an in-network provider for most Aetna PPO, POS, and EPO plans*, including:
- Aetna Select
- Open Access Select
- Elect Choice
- Aetna Open Access Elect Choice
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Managed Choice
- Open Choice PPO
Aetna CVS Health Marketplace Plans
Effective January 1, 2023
- Bronze S
- Silver 1
- Silver 2
- Silver 3
- Silver 4
- Silver S
- Gold S
*All Houston area Aetna CVS Health plans are accepted at Kelsey-Seybold Clinic*
*Kelsey-Seybold does not participate in any commercial Aetna HMO and HNO plans, including Aetna QPOS.
KelseyCare Health Plans
Local employers can add a KelseyCare plan alongside current plan offerings. Over 400 Houston-area employers offer the choice of a KelseyCare plan to their employees.
KelseyCare plans include:
- Aetna KelseyCare (learn more)
- KelseyCare powered by Cigna (learn more)
- KelseyCare Humana (learn more)
- United Charter Kelsey-Seybold (learn more)
Allied Benefit Systems/NGBS
Federal Employee Health Benefits (FEHB)
- APWU Health Plan Nationwide – CDHP with UnitedHealthcare PPO
- APWU Health Plan Nationwide – High Option with Cigna PPO
- GEHA Benefit Plan Nationwide – High & Standard Options with UnitedHealthcare Choice Plus
- NALC Nationwide with Cigna OAP
- NALC Value Option Nationwide with Cigna OAP
- SAMBA Nationwide – High & Standard with Cigna OAP
- Blue Cross Blue Shield – Standard Option
- Blue Cross Blue Shield – Basic Option
Great West Healthcare (also known as Cigna-GWH)
- Open Access
Kelsey-Seybold Clinic accepts the following Medicare Advantage Plans: KelseyCare Advantage, Aetna Medicare Advantage, WellCare TexanPlus, Humana Medicare and select UnitedHealthcare plans. Effective January 1, 2009, Kelsey-Seybold Clinic does not accept new patients with traditional Medicare.
Private Healthcare Systems PPO (PHCS)
Medicare Advantage Plans
- KelseyCare Humana (learn more)
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana COT National POS Open Access
- Humana EPO PPO Open Access
- Humana National EPO
- Humana HMO Premier (Open Access)
- Humana PPO
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Humana Preferred POS (Open Access)
- Humana/ ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana/ChoiceCare+ Network PPO
- Humana National POS- Open Access
- Humana National POS-Open Access Plus
Education and Board Certifications
- The Aga Khan University Hospital, Medical College, Karachi, Pakistan, 2002
- Beaumont Hospital, Royal Oak, MI, 2007; Fellowship: Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN, 2009
- American Board of Internal Medicine - Endocrinology; Diabetes; Metabolism