Patient Safety Measures
We’ve worked hard to ensure safety measures are in place at our clinics for in-person visits.
Immediate appointments are available for COVID-19 Vaccines, Boosters, and Third Doses. Learn more about who should receive boosters and third doses.
To schedule a booster or third dose, simply schedule a COVID-19 Vaccine and let providers know it is for a booster or an additional primary dose.
- I understand that to schedule for the Comirnaty® BioNTech, Pfizer vaccine I must be at least 5 years old.
- I understand that to schedule for the Moderna or Jansen (J&J) vaccine I must be at least 18 years old.
- I understand that to receive the Comirnaty® BioNTech, Pfizer booster, I must be 12 years or older and at least 5 months after completing the COVID-19 primary series (2 months after J&J vaccine).
- I understand that to receive the Moderna booster, I must be at least 18 years or older and 5 months after completing my primary COVID-19 vaccination series (2 months after J&J vaccine).
- I am not currently COVID-19 positive.
- I had COVID-19 but I have recovered from my illness and have met the criteria for discontinuing isolation.
- I have not had a known COVID-19 exposure, or I am past my quarantine period.
- Please acknowledge that you have read the COVID-19 Emergency Use Authorization fact sheets for Comirnaty® BioNTech, Pfizer, Janssen (J&J) and Moderna below (clicking the links will open a new tab to the fact sheets):
- I do not have a history of Guillain-Barré syndrome.
- Any minors receiving vaccines should be accompanied by a parent/guardian to provide permission.
- I understand that protection against COVID-19 may not be effective until at least 7 days after the single-dose administration for Janssen (J&J) and may not be effective until at least 7 days after the second dose for Comirnaty® BioNTech, Pfizer or Moderna COVID-19 vaccine.
- I attest that I am at least 16 years old and attest to all items above.
You will choose an available location, vaccine type and date/time for your appointment and subsequently provide your demographic and insurance information. The vaccine is provided at no cost to the patient. Vaccine providers can be reimbursed by your health insurance provider for the administration of the vaccine. Available sites and vaccine types are limited.
We make scheduling easy for you
You can schedule appointments through our secure patient portal, MyKelseyOnline, or call our 24/7 Contact Center at 713-442-0427. Virtual Visit options are also available to all new and current patients.