Chart a Lower-Cost Benefits Course
The United Charter Kelsey-Seybold plan delivers quality, cost-effective healthcare.
UnitedHealthcare and Kelsey-Seybold have launched a hybrid, high-performance physician network plan for Houston-area employer groups called the United Charter Kelsey-Seybold health plan. United Charter is for businesses with five or more employees. Groups that opt for this plan can expect better care management and lower total medical cost, compared to standard UnitedHealthcare Choice Plus plan designs.
Our plan offers members incentives to select the area’s most cost-effective physician network to organize and coordinate their care. The plan offers as its core provider the nation’s first — and Houston’s only — accredited Accountable Care Organization, Kelsey-Seybold Clinic.
Kelsey-Seybold’s Accountable Care model maximizes quality of care, reduces duplication and improves member health with a team-based focus on prevention, early detection, and ongoing disease intervention. Kelsey-Seybold Clinic serves as members’ primary care physician (PCP) and partners with contracted specialists. Hospital access includes most facilities currently part of the UnitedHealthcare Choice Plus network.
United Charter members enjoy many conveniences, including:
- 24-hour appointment scheduling: Call 713-442-0000.
- No referrals: See any Kelsey-Seybold physician — including specialists — without a referral at any of our Greater Houston area locations.
- MyKelseyOnline enables you to email your doctor's office, view most test results, and directly schedule appointments with Kelsey-Seybold primary care physicians (Pediatrics, Internal Medicine, Family Medicine) and an expanding list of specialists (Endocrinology, OB/GYN, and more).
- Easy access to our After-Hours Nurse available after regular office hours and on weekends and holidays to answer health questions, page on-call physicians if necessary, and schedule needed appointments.
- Saturday sick-care appointments for children and adults are available at Kelsey-Seybold’s Clear Lake Clinic, Memorial Villages Campus, Spring Medical and Diagnostic Center, and Fort Bend Medical and Diagnostic Center.
- Electronic medical record: Your secure medical information is available to your Kelsey-Seybold physicians 24/7 through our state-of-the-art electronic medical record (EMR). This saves you time at the doctor’s office and aids in diagnosis and treatment decisions.