Diabetes Education Programs
At Kelsey-Seybold Clinic, our goal is to not just treat your diabetes, but to also provide you with the information, motivation, and support you need to manage your condition and lead a healthier lifestyle. That’s why our care doesn’t begin and end with doctor visits. We also offer education and personalized lifestyle guidance.
Certified Diabetes Care and Education Specialists
- Certified diabetes care and education specialists (CDCESs) specialize in education and management of diabetes and are available to provide individualized counseling.
- Our CDCESs are available at various Kelsey-Seybold Clinic locations. To schedule an appointment, call 713-442-0000.
- Registered dietitians (RDs) provide individualized nutritional counseling.
- Our registered dietitians are available at several Kelsey-Seybold Clinic locations. To find a location near you and schedule an appointment, call 713-442-0000.
Who’s Eligible for These Services?
- All HMOs cover diabetes education by certified diabetes care and education specialists and visits with registered dietitians. A co-pay, which varies by health plan, is required for each Diabetes Education Class.
- PPO and POS coverage varies. It's important to ask your insurance company what’s covered under your plan.
- KelseyCare Advantage and Texan Plus pay for diabetes education by certified diabetes care and education specialists and visits with registered dietitians. Some plans might require a co-pay or patient financial responsibility.
For additional information about our diabetes education programs, call 713-442-6330. To schedule an appointment with a Kelsey-Seybold certified diabetes care and education specialist or a registered dietitian, use your MyKelseyOnline account or call our 24/7 Contact Center at 713-442-0000.