Convenience is important. In fact, in today’s world it's a necessity.
Demanding schedules and busy lives don’t always fit into standard office hours, and neither does illness. When you need a Kelsey-Seybold physician after 5 p.m. or on weekends, you have many choices:
- Call Our After-Hours Nurse Hotline. Call our After-Hours Nurses at 713-442-0000 after regular office hours and on weekends and holidays. Part of our integrated care team, our After-Hours Nurses have secure access to your electronic medical record and are trained to coordinate your care with our physicians, when needed, to provide immediate assistance on a confidential basis. Our After-Hours Nurses will answer your questions, provide expert advice, page your physician when necessary, and schedule needed appointments.
- Access to Your Primary Care Physician. Easily schedule an in-person same-day or next-day appointment with a primary care physician in Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, and Pediatrics.
- Select Virtual Health so that you, and your family, get convenient medical care for many conditions when and where you need it. Virtual care is available same day/next day on weekdays, evenings, weekends, and holidays! Many common conditions can be addressed by having a real-time conversation with a Kelsey-Seybold provider from your smartphone, tablet, or computer.
- Schedule a Saturday Appointment. Saturday appointments for sick-care are offered from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. at four Kelsey-Seybold locations: Kelsey-Seybold’s Clear Lake Clinic, Tanglewood Clinic near the Galleria, Spring Medical and Diagnostic Center in the FM 1960 area, and Fort Bend Medical and Diagnostic Center in Sugar Land. Call our 24-hour Contact Center at 713-442-0000 after 5 p.m. on Friday or on Saturday morning for a Saturday appointment.
- Use the Urgent Care Network. Under the Blue Essentials plan, you have access to an urgent care network. Urgent care centers can handle many non-life-threatening conditions such as a high fever, abdominal pain, earache, insect bites, minor cuts requiring stitches, minor burns, muscle spasms, asthma attacks, rashes, and urinary tract and pelvic infections. And because urgent care centers have X-ray capability, they can treat simple fractures and sprains.
- In Case of a Life- or Limb-Threatening Emergency, Use Emergency Care. The Blue Essentials plan offers comprehensive coverage for emergency care through the contracted Blue Cross Blue Shield network of hospital-based and freestanding ER centers.