The UnitedHealthcare Charter Plan
Chart a Course for Better Benefits
UnitedHealthcare and Kelsey-Seybold offer a high-performance physician network plan for Houston-area employers. Charter is for businesses with two or more employees. Groups offering this plan can save up to 20% on total costs compared to standard UnitedHealthcare Choice Plus plan designs. See how the United Charter Kelsey-Seybold plan can deliver higher quality and lower cost for your business.
Our plan offers members the opportunity to select Kelsey-Seybold clinic physicians and to organize and coordinate their care. Kelsey-Seybold Clinic is the nation’s first — and Houston’s only — accredited Accountable Care Organization, Kelsey-Seybold Clinic.
Kelsey-Seybold’s Accountable Care model maximizes quality of care, reducing duplication and improving member health with a team-based focus on prevention, early detection, and ongoing disease intervention. Kelsey-Seybold Clinic serves as members’ primary care physician (PCP) and partners with contracted specialists. Hospital access includes most facilities currently part of the UnitedHealthcare Choice Plus network.
UnitedHealthcare Charter members enjoy many conveniences, including:
- 24-hour appointment scheduling: Call 713-442-0000.
- No referrals: See any Kelsey-Seybold physician — including specialists — without a referral at any of our Greater Houston area locations.
- MyKelseyOnline: Email your doctor's office, view most test results, and directly schedule appointments with Kelsey-Seybold primary care physicians (Pediatrics, Internal Medicine, Family Medicine) and an expanding list of specialists (Endocrinology, OB/GYN, and more).
- Easy access: After regular office hours, on weekends, and on hoidays, call our After-Hours Nurse, who can answer health questions, page on-call physicians if necessary, and schedule needed appointments.
- Saturday sick-care appointments: Children and adults can schedule appointments at Kelsey-Seybold’s Clear Lake Clinic, Memorial Villages Campus, Spring Medical and Diagnostic Center, and Fort Bend Medical and Diagnostic Center.
- Virtual Video Visits: Available 365 days a year, weekdays until 9 p.m. and weekends.
- Electronic medical record: Your secure medical information is available to your Kelsey-Seybold physicians 24/7 through our state-of-the-art electronic medical record (EMR). This saves you time at the doctor’s office and aids in diagnosis and treatment decisions.
Learn More About CharterNow more than ever, it’s important to give employees access to outstanding, quality care. The UnitedHealthcare Charter plan with Kelsey-Seybold offers an affordable option for businesses of all sizes.
Charter Plan ResourcesView important documents, clinic locations, appointment scheduling, and other benefits UnitedHealthcare has to offer.
View Our Video FAQs to Learn More
I'm a Member
As a Charter plan member, we help make it easier for you to access care. You can choose any Kelsey-Seybold primary care doctor or specialist who best fits your needs and get the quality care you need.
I'm an Employer
As a business solution, Charter keeps your employees engaged and healthier. And having healthier employees means a healthier bottom line for you.
I'm a Broker
When your clients offer Charter as a plan option, they can be confident in knowing the Kelsey-Seybold ACO model delivers better outcomes, improved satisfaction, and lower total medical cost.
Your Business Health Connection
Check out our latest's blogs and webinars!