The Be Well @ Shell Diabetes Prevention & Care Program is a disease management program designed to help eligible Shell participants get the care and support they need when they are diagnosed with either prediabetes or Type 2 diabetes. This voluntary, confidential program is provided at no additional cost to participants and is administered by Kelsey-Seybold Clinic. The Program offers two distinct tracks: "Diabetes Prevention" for individuals diagnosed with prediabetes (a recent fasting glucose level of 100-124 and/or HbA1c result of 5.7-6.4), or your physician indicated you may become prediabetic (HbA1c results of 5.3-5.6), or if you have a family history of diabetes; and "Diabetes Care" designed for individuals diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes (a recent fasting glucose level of greater than 125+ and/or HbA1c of 6.5 or greater).What Is Included in the Program?
As a Be Well @ Shell Diabetes Prevention & Care Program participant, you will receive the following benefits at no cost to you*:
- Visits with your Kelsey-Seybold Physician;
- Consultations with Registered Dietitians and/or Certified Diabetes Educators;
- Labs for blood glucose monitoring;
- Diabetes medications and testing supplies as prescribed;
- Consultations with a Kelsey Pharmacist;
- Access to in-person Weight Watchers® meetings when weight loss is recommended.
*Once the individual out-of-pocket deductible has been met for non-preventive health care costs, covered services for the participant in the Program will be paid at 100%.
Please note: Waived copays under the Be Well @ Shell Diabetes Prevention & Care Program do not accumulate to your medical plan annual out-of-pocket maximum limit.
Who Is the Kelsey-Seybold Diabetes Support Team?
Your year-long participation in the Be Well @ Shell Diabetes Prevention & Care Program includes a Kelsey-Seybold Diabetes Support Team to help you every step of the way:
- A Nurse Program Coordinator (NPC) providing concierge-level assistance with appointment scheduling, reminders, and education;
- Kelsey-Seybold Physician (Internal Medicine, Family Medicine, or Endocrinology);
- Kelsey Pharmacists;
- Registered Dietitians (RDs)
- Certified Diabetes Educators (CDEs); and
- Weight Watchers® membership if weight loss is recommended.
To enroll by telephone, call 713-442-SHLL (7455), Option 3. Your call will be answered by a Be Well @ Shell Diabetes Prevention & Care Program Concierge, who will schedule your initial phone orientation with the Nurse Program Coordinator (NPC).
You can also complete and submit a form here. You will be contacted by the Concierge within one business day to schedule your initial phone orientation with the NPC.
View the page-turning Participant Guide below to learn more.