Diabetes Education Programs
Kelsey-Seybold Clinic offers Diabetes Education Classes, Certified Diabetes Educators and Registered Dietitians who can provide you with the information and motivation you need to lead a healthier lifestyle.
With the goal of providing clinical resources for patients, the Kelsey-Seybold Diabetes Program is a joint program of the Kelsey Research Foundation and Kelsey-Seybold Clinic.
(*These classes are recognized by the American Diabetes Association (ADA).
- Our classes provide an overview of diabetes, monitoring blood sugars, taking medications, meal planning and exercising to help patients minimize or avoid diabetes-related complications.
- A series of two classes lasting approximately two hours will be held during each month. You may start during any time of the month. We strongly encourage you to attend both classes.
- Diabetes Education Classes are offered at the following locations: Fort Bend Medical and Diagnostic Center, Meyerland Plaza Clinic, Pasadena Clinic, Summer Creek Clinic and The Vintage Clinic.
- Certified Diabetes Educators (CDEs) specialize in education and management of diabetes and are available to provide individualized counseling.
- Our CDEs are available at Kelsey-Seybold Clinic’s Main Campus, Fort Bend Medical Diagnostic Center, Spring Medical and Diagnostic Center, Clear Lake Clinic, The Vintage Clinic, The Woodlands Clinic, Tanglewood Clinic and Meyerland Plaza Clinic.
- Registered Dietitians provide individualized nutritional counseling.
- Our Registered Dietitians are available at: Kelsey-Seybold Clinic’s Main Campus, Fort Bend Medical and Diagnostic Center, Cinco Ranch, Downtown at The Shops at Houston Center 4, Meyerland Plaza Clinic, Pasadena Clinic, Pearland Clinic, Spring Medical and Diagnostic Center, The Vintage Clinic, The Woodlands Clinic and Tanglewood Clinic.
- All HMOs cover diabetes education (Certified Diabetes Educators and Diabetes Education Classes) and visits with Registered Dietitians. A co-pay which varies by health plan is required for each Diabetes Education Class.
- PPO and POS coverage varies. It's important to ask your insurance company what is covered under your plan.
- KelseyCare Advantage and Texan Plus pay for diabetes education (Certified Diabetes Educator and Diabetes Education Classes) and visits with Registered Dietitians. Some plans might require a copay or patient financial responsibility.
For additional information about our three diabetes education programs, call or fill out the form below to have one of our representatives contact you within two business days. To schedule an appointment with a Certified Diabetes Educator or a Registered Dietitian, use your MyKelseyOnline account or call our 24-hour Contact Center at .