Easy Access to Onsite Tests and Conveniences
Women’s Health at Kelsey-Seybold Clinic – Fort Bend offers several onsite conveniences to promote health and wellness while making it easy on busy lives. These include diagnostic services, the Kelsey Pharmacy and our Health Information Center.
Onsite diagnostic services include:
- Bone Mineral Density (BMD) test: This is a painless, non-invasive way to measure bone density and screen for osteopenia (reduction in bone mass) and osteoporosis (loss of bone mass that causes bones to weaken and increases the risk of fractures)
- Ultrasounds (also called sonograms): These exams use sound waves to create images of internal organs to assess possible gynecological conditions such as pelvic/abdominal masses, fibroids and causes for pelvic pain and/or abdominal bleeding. During pregnancy, ultrasounds are used to assess the well-being of the fetus, the number of fetuses, and estimated gestational age.
- Mammography: A mammogram is a safe X-ray of the breast that can find irregularities within the breast tissue. It is precise, often finding lumps long before they can be felt by physical examination. Regardless of age, mammograms, which are performed in the Radiology Department at Fort Bend Medical and Diagnostic Center, evaluate specific problems in the breasts. Staffed by board-certified radiologists and technologists credentialed by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists, the department is accredited by the American College of Radiology.
Kelsey Pharmacy with Drive-thru Service
Our pharmacy stocks over-the-counter products like the big stores, but offers the personal touch of your local corner drugstore. We dedicate ourselves to your medication management. When you choose the Kelsey Pharmacy, you’ll discover:
- The convenience of getting you prescription filled right where you see your doctor
- One-stop shopping for your pharmaceutical and over-the-counter product needs
- A doctor-pharmacist partnership to ensure that you receive quality care and copay management and friendly, knowledgeable pharmacists to answer your questions
- An assortment of over-the-counter products, health and beauty care items and vitamins
- We stock most foreign travel medications
- We accept most prescription plans and offer assistance with your health insurance plan
- We offer competitors’ prices on over-the-counter products
Health Information Center
Our Health Information Center, sponsored by the Kelsey Research Foundation, provides both patients and the general public with up-to-date, comprehensive information about the prevention, early detection and treatment of illnesses. Resources include printed educational materials on a variety of health topics, reference books, health videos and computer terminals connected to the Internet and programmed to assist in searching websites for health information. All of these services are provided free of charge at the Health Information Center, located on level one.
Multiple Medical Specialists
You’ll also have access to board-certified specialists in 24 medical specialties to serve the complete needs of your entire family. Call 713-442-0000 today to schedule your next appointment.