Kelsey-Seybold Clinic is consistently recognized nationally, regionally and locally for an unwavering commitment to excellence (read our Declaration of Quality
). The following awards and distinctions are a tribute to our dedication to quality healthcare:
- Received maximum three-year accreditation by the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care (AAAHC) for providing high-quality care and services consistent with AAAHC standards.
- The first freestanding Cancer Program in the nation approved with multiple commendations by the American College of Surgeons' Commission on Cancer.
- Secondary Prevention Lipid Clinic named a National Model of Excellence in Cholesterol Management by the American Medical Group Association and an Outstanding Disease Management Program by the Texas Council on Cardiovascular Disease and Stroke.
- Recognized for Excellence in Breast Health by the National Consortium of Breast Centers, Inc.
- American Gastrointestinal Endoscopy (ASGE) certificate of recognition earned by the Endoscopy units at Main Campus and Spring Medical and Diagnostic Center.
- More than 75 Kelsey-Seybold physicians have received the prestigious National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) certification for excellence in diabetes care.
- The NCQA and American Heart Association/American Stroke Association have recognized 45 Kelsey-Seybold physicians for outstanding cardiovascular and stroke care.
- Level 3 (highest) Medical Home designation awarded to 16 Kelsey-Seybold Clinic locations by the NCQA.
- Since 1966, the onsite provider of Occupational Health Services at NASA's Johnson Space Center and now caring for NASA employees, contractors and their families in Moscow and at White Sands Test Facility in New Mexico.
- KelseyCare is among the top three health plans statewide in "Overall Patient Satisfaction" by the Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems (CAHPS).
- KelseyCare is 15.7 percent more financially efficient than the Houston HMO average, according to Hewitt Associates.
- Texas Super Doctors, Texas Monthly magazine.
- Top Docs, H Texas magazine.
- Distinguished Surgeon Award presented to Glenn Landon, M.D., by the Association of Perioperative Registered Nurses (AORN).
- The Leonard D. Moise Teaching Award for the Baylor Family Practice Residency Program presented to Nicholas Solomos, M.D. and Patrick Carter, M.D.
- The John R. Kelsey, Jr., M.D. Award for outstanding achievement in teaching presented to Debra Cutler, M.D.
- The Houston Business Journal Health Care Heroes Awards - Lifetime Achievement Award to Mavis Kelsey, M.D.
Accreditations & Licensures
Kelsey-Seybold Clinic holds many prestigious accreditations and licensures:
- Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care (AAAHC). Kelsey-Seybold Clinic is accredited by Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care (AAAHC), having received a three-year re-accreditation in 2009. We have an unwavering commitment to providing the highest levels of quality care to our patients, and the same high level of conduct in our business practices. Accreditation by AAAHC is proof of this commitment, and signifies that we have met the rigorous standards of a nationally recognized third party.
- CLIA-Lab Certification. Kelsey-Seybold Clinic maintains "stat" laboratory capability and is CLIA certified. Our laboratory subcontractor, Lab Corp, is CLIA certified. Board-certified pathologists read pathology specimens. Two board-certified pathologists are located at our Main Campus, adjacent to the Ambulatory Surgery Center.
- ISO-9002. Kelsey-Seybold's National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) program has received ISO-9002 certification. The Johnson Space Center (JSC) Environmental Health Laboratory, operated by Kelsey-Seybold Clinic, holds certification from the American Industrial Hygiene Association and the JSC Clinical Laboratory is CLIA certified.
- AART Certification. Our radiological equipment is maintained in strict accordance with the state of Texas and American Association for Radiology Technicians (AART) requirements. Our X-ray technicians are AART certified.
- Fully Accredited Ambulatory Surgery Center. Our Ambulatory Surgery Center (ASC) is fully accredited by the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care (AAAHC) and staffed by more than 80 Kelsey-Seybold Clinic physicians and their affiliated medical colleagues in the Texas Medical Center and throughout Houston. Our registered nurses and support personnel are professionals with Operating Room (OR), Endoscopy, Pre-op and Post Anesthesia Care Unit (PACU) recovery skills. Many of our nurses also have training in Emergency Room (ER), Intensive Care Unit (ICU), Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) and Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS). The ASC is licensed by the Texas Department of Health.
- AAAHC - Standardized Credentialed Staff, Affiliate & Ancillary Provider Network. All Kelsey-Seybold providers meet and exceed the standards of the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care (AAAHC). This means that our credentialed staff, affiliate and ancillary providers all have primary license verification, background checks through the National Practitioners Data Bank (NPDB) and the Federation of State Medical Boards (FSMB), and are privileged through both hospital and clinic review. All of our physicians have completed a medical degree at an accredited university and are licensed by the Texas Medical Board. Kelsey-Seybold Clinic's policy is to consider only physician candidates who have completed a U.S. residency program and are board-certified or board-qualified in their respective medical specialties.
our free iPhone app!
Sign up now