2006 – 2009
In October 2007, our founder, Dr. Mavis Kelsey, celebrated his 95th birthday.
His vision of combining the expertise of specialists, with the close personal care of a family doctor has been achieved. Kelsey-Seybold Clinic is a renowned multispecialty practice and one of the largest and most experienced providers of medical care in Houston and the Southwest.
The 28,000-square-foot, state-of-the-art Cypress Clinic and Kelsey Pharmacy opened in Northwest Houston.
KelseyCare powered by Cigna was launched. This accountable care health benefits plan offers patients—through their employers—reduced costs and improved care by emphasizing preventive services, using automated best practice alerts, and coordinated care to avoid duplication of services.
In January, Houston’s oldest multispecialty group practice introduced KelseyCare Advantage, its own Medicare Advantage health plan.
In April, Kelsey-Seybold ushered in its 18th location – Kelsey-Seybold Clinic at The Vintage
– to meet the demand for medical services in Houston's booming northwest suburbs. The 60,000-square-foot, state-of-the-art medical and diagnostic facility and pharmacy is located between Cypresswood and Louetta off Highway 249.
Kelsey-Seybold Clinic proudly celebrated 60 years of caring in 2009 and Dr. Mavis Kelsey’s vision of a premier medical group combining Family and Internal Medicine with the highly focused expertise of specialists in all medical fields.
Kelsey-Seybold invested $25 million in an Electronic Medical Record (EMR) system that links Kelsey-Seybold patients to their record at each location, allowing physicians to contribute to and view the same medical record for each patient. The EMR allows physicians to easily view patient history, results in better care and prevents duplicate testing.
In May, Kelsey-Seybold launched MyKelseyOnline,
a secure Internet portal which allows patients to:
- Email their doctor’s office from a computer or mobile device.
- Make appointments with Kelsey-Seybold primary care physicians and an expanding list of specialists.
- View their health summary, current medications and most lab and test results.
- Request prescription refills from the Kelsey Pharmacy.
- Request updates to insurance and personal information.
- Pay bills online.
Kelsey-Seybold Chairman Dr. Spencer Berthelsen was honored as a Kelsey-Seybold Fellow.