We’re a multispecialty group practice that offers medical care in more than 50 medical specialties including primary care, outpatient surgery centers, an accredited Sleep Center, advanced radiology services, 14 onsite Kelsey pharmacies.
Kelsey-Seybold Clinic was founded in 1949 by Dr. Mavis Kelsey
in Houston's famous Texas Medical Center. Today, it is Houston’s premier accountable care organization.
You can expect high-quality, preventive care from Kelsey-Seybold, as well as:
- Patient-centered care, where patients and their loved ones are an important part of the care team working in partnership with their Kelsey-Seybold physician in making health decisions.
- Caring and compassionate attention, where patients are viewed as people rather than a laundry list of medical conditions.
- Expertise in diagnosing and treating acute and chronic illnesses.
- Convenient lab hours and easy access to advanced diagnostic technologies including MRI, digital mammography, CT scan, PET CT, ultrasound, X-ray, PACS and electronic image archiving.
- After-hours and weekend assistance available through the Kelsey-Seybold After-Hours Nurse Hotline staffed by Kelsey-Seybold nurses, because we know that access to medical care 24 hours a day is essential for families.
- A collaborative, multidisciplinary approach and secure Electronic Medical Record (EMR) system that allows our physicians, regardless of location, to partner with each other across the Kelsey-Seybold system to deliver the best care possible.
is a secure Internet portal for patients to communicate with their personal healthcare team. MyKelseyOnline is free and can be accessed 24/7 to:
- Request an appointment.
- Schedule an appointment.
- Email your healthcare team.
- View past and future appointments.
- Request updates to insurance and personal information.
- View certain test results.
- Pay your Kelsey-Seybold bills online
When you become a patient of Kelsey-Seybold, you’re KelseyConnected. This means you’re immediately connected to a caring and compassionate team of specialists who share your medical history through one Electronic Medical Record, then work together with a clearer picture of your health. It’s medical care that revolves around you.
In December 2012, the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) named Kelsey-Seybold Clinic the nation’s first accredited Accountable Care Organization (ACO). An ACO is a coordinated healthcare system that strives to deliver quality care at a lower total medical cost by focusing on several key areas:
- Coordination of care across multiple medical specialties and care settings, both inpatient and outpatient.
- Evidence-based care practices.
- Use of information technology.
- Quality measurement and accountability for quality of care, patient satisfaction and the total cost of care.
- Incentives for prevention, care management and outcomes.
ACOs practice team-based care in which physicians, nurses and specialists work together to provide coordinated care for patients. These professionals come together and agree on ways to improve care outcomes.
- A strong emphasis is placed on proactive measures, including prevention, identification of disease, and ongoing intervention on disease states.
- Kelsey-Seybold Clinic was founded more than 60 years ago on the premise of physician-led, accountable care. Information technology has enabled a new level of accountable care and coordination to be provided for patients through Kelsey-Seybold’s Electronic Medical Record (EMR) system.
Kelsey-Seybold is home to a nationally accredited Breast Diagnostic Center, Endoscopy Center, Infusion Center and Cancer Center.
In addition, Kelsey-Seybold has been recognized by the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) as the nation’s first accredited Accountable Care Organization and a Level 3 (highest) Patient-Centered Medical Home.
Kelsey-Seybold holds the honor for the most physicians in Texas certified for excellence in diabetes care, and heart and stroke care by the NCQA. These are just a few of the many awards and distinctions we’ve received.
Kelsey-Seybold accepts 50 health insurance plans, including Cigna, KelseyCare, UnitedHealthcare and Community Health Choice CHIP and Marketplace plans (UHC). Please contact Kelsey-Seybold's Contact Center at 713-442-0427 before scheduling an appointment to confirm that your health plan listed is currently being accepted and the care you will receive is covered by your plan.
There are four ways to schedule an appointment:
- Call 713-442-0427 to speak to an appointment scheduler at our 24/7 Contact Center.
- For pediatric appointments, call 713-442-KIDS or schedule online with AppointmentsNOW.
- Complete our quick form.
- If you are a current patient, log into MyKelseyOnline.